X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preferred cables and cutter attachment for drum

We've been down this road before, but I'd like to revisit it as I need to buy some new cables. Will be getting 1/2" in about 100' lengths. For use in 3" and 4" lines, typically paper clogs, occaisional object, occaisional minor roots. Typical access via toilet flange or cleanout. Have used duracable in the past, content with it as cable.

Would like comments on cable from others who have used duracable and prefer other brands.

Cutter attachment: Currently use the threaded stud on my 1/2 and 3/8 machines. Would like to get away from this as I do not have the option of reversing out when I get caught as the cutter tends to unspin itself from the stud.

Have the sliding ends with allen screw locks on my 3/4. Have been happy with this. Considering it for the 1/2 and 3/8 but have some reservations; makes the non-flexible section at the end of the cable longer and is therefore tougher to get thru bends.

Will have to redo all my existing cutters for new attachment and want to do it only once.

I make custom cutters and need to be able to buy just the attacher for whatever system I end up with.

Who likes what? And why?

Thanks
    This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Re: Preferred cables and cutter attachment for drum

DO NOT BUY DURA CABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if you want Dura cable I have one of the wire core 3/4 cables in one of my k-7500`s right now that I will sale you. It`s only done about 6 sewers and I`m taking it out before I use it again.

I will only use Ridgid I/C Cables from now on.

Enough said
    http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Re: Preferred cables and cutter attachment for drum

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
      We've been down this road before, but I'd like to revisit it as I need to buy some new cables. Will be getting 1/2" in about 100' lengths. For use in 3" and 4" lines, typically paper clogs, occaisional object, occaisional minor roots. Typical access via toilet flange or cleanout. Have used duracable in the past, content with it as cable.

Would like comments on cable from others who have used duracable and prefer other brands.

Cutter attachment: Currently use the threaded stud on my 1/2 and 3/8 machines. Would like to get away from this as I do not have the option of reversing out when I get caught as the cutter tends to unspin itself from the stud.

Have the sliding ends with allen screw locks on my 3/4. Have been happy with this. Considering it for the 1/2 and 3/8 but have some reservations; makes the non-flexible section at the end of the cable longer and is therefore tougher to get thru bends.

Will have to redo all my existing cutters for new attachment and want to do it only once.

I make custom cutters and need to be able to buy just the attacher for whatever system I end up with.

Who likes what? And why?

Thanks
      I use the slip joint ends also but I like general ends better thats what I would go with if I was doing it again.

Comment

Working...
      X