Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Root Ranger Control

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
    I got a hose stuck once. Fought with it for hours and finally gave up. Made plans to return next morning and dig it up.
    Next morning while waiting for the excavator to show up I tugged on the hose just for the he11 of it and it came right out like nothing.
    I still wonder why. I think it had something to do with the hose "relaxing" over night.
    Exactly,after the water finishes draining from the hose,the hose relaxes and will often break free.Its good you got you nozzle and hose back.
    Kenneth Collier
    Maintenance and Sewer

P.O. Box 9441
    Jackson, MS 39206
    (601) 613-2678 (Cell)
    drainman881999@yahoo.com

Comment

Can the root ranger be inserted in a 4 '' c/0 ?
      Kenneth Collier
      Maintenance and Sewer

P.O. Box 9441
      Jackson, MS 39206
      (601) 613-2678 (Cell)
      drainman881999@yahoo.com

Comment

Originally posted by drainman881999 View Post
        Can the root ranger be inserted in a 4 '' c/0 ?

Yes, with room to spare.
        I've never tried it, or even thought about it, but I'm guessing it can also easily fit in a 3" c/o.
        INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
        Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Sorry, no direct spray intended. But you do get alot of wowsers thinking I might start up a jetting / drain cleaning business and simply get into jetting as easy as that, surely any joe can do it, just stick a hose down the drain and make heaps of money.
          Unfortunately its a bit harder than that, dedicated training and plumbing knowledge go a long way in this game.

Rootranger vs Warthog : RR in 3" - 8 " pipe handsdown. warthog is a lot slower. RR at point blank even concrete slurry from tilers is removed

Comment

Thanks.
            Kenneth Collier
            Maintenance and Sewer

P.O. Box 9441
            Jackson, MS 39206
            (601) 613-2678 (Cell)
            drainman881999@yahoo.com

Comment

I never had to worry about it before, but the root Ranger puts out such power, I think injection is an easy possibility, yet No mention of it in the paper work.

I think they should be sold with an Emergency medical card/key chain,
              or Ridigid should make one available to those that want one.
              They are hard to find with out taking a $$$ safety course, that is geared towards the 20,000+ PSI Toys, and not having one (if I'm not mistaken) is an OSHA violation if you are jetting over a certain PSI ???? I can't remember the PSI but I was surprised at how low it was.

Sorry bout the drift
              INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
              Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by Root Ranger View Post
                Rootranger vs Warthog : RR in 3" - 8 " pipe handsdown. warthog is a lot slower. RR at point blank even concrete slurry from tilers is removed
                what's the time difference? What about the foward jet question? What are the specs on the jetter you use with the root ranger?
                Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
                  I I think they should be sold with an Emergency medical card/key chain,
                  or Ridigid should make one available to those that want one.
                  What kind of information would go on it and how would it be useful?
                  Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by Root Ranger View Post
                    Sorry, no direct spray intended. But you do get alot of wowsers thinking I might start up a jetting / drain cleaning business and simply get into jetting as easy as that, surely any joe can do it, just stick a hose down the drain and make heaps of money.
                    Unfortunately its a bit harder than that, dedicated training and plumbing knowledge go a long way in this game.

Our root ranger? Or your aussie Root Ranger with front tip? Remember our (US) Root Ranger is 4gpm which is a powerful cutter but low gpm, I actually cant use the root ranger now since I went to a higher gallons per minute machine.
                    Also for me and where I am, I am not at the street sending it in to my line, I am inside sending it to the street.
                    Thanks!
                    man
                    Seattle Drain Service

Comment

The unit I made is slightly longer than the ones sold by Ridgid, mines not made of stainless steel but steel and is a little heavier, it won`t get stuck in a 4" C O + I use it with my 13 gal jetter with 1/4" & 3/8" hose
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                        What kind of information would go on it and how would it be useful?
                        The card is a quick reference for emergency personnel. Also tells them where to get more info.
                        Most DR.s have never treated an injection wound and end up treating it like a normal cut. Then you have to return in two days to have your hand removed. Very specific things need to be done ASAP.
                        I'm pretty sure it's an OSHA requirement to have this card on person while jetting. I just can't remember the psi requirement.

Maybe I'll start a thread on this after I look the info up again, as I may be giving some misinformation.

Comment

I couldnt find anything in OSHA 1926 or on thier website any ideas as to where it may be Gene?

Comment

root ranger, how long has this been in operation? the hose looks beat from the water jet and the front head looks like its been run into a wall.

how do i get a root ranger with those higher flow numbers?

thanks.

rick.
                            phoebe it is

Comment

I know you made it, I would like to know what size the tip is and where you bought it so I can upgrade my root ranger. Also is yours a ceramic tip?
                              Seattle Drain Service

Comment

I got mine from Aero1 here on the forum and it has a plug, so I assume I just need to replace it with a nozzle.
                                I assumed it is a newer model and thats the way they come now?????
                                I'll PM him and ask where/when he bought it.

Comment

Working...
                                X