X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Root Ranger Control

How do you get any control over the Root Ranger? With the design it seems like you would always miss something. Whereas a comparable Warthog hits everything by design. Right or wrong?

Thanks.

J.C.

Re: Root Ranger Control

the root ranger shoots a single rear rotary jet at a approx. 15 degree coverage. this is actually a 0 degree impact that oscillates to 15 degrees.

so basically it will cover the walls of the pipe and do a great job on the pull out. the push in will get it there. the pull out will get it clean

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

I have the video from the Roundup using the Root Ranger through the clear PVC. I'll see if I can post that up.

Comment

Sorry JC, I thought I had some better video of the Root Ranger. This doesn't actually show the head but shows what it can do to a 1/2" piece of wood in SloMo.

I tried to strip the crappy music off so you could hear the commentary but it became all garbled

This video was cut from the Roundup DVD. It wasn't copywrite protected but if there is a problem posting this, any admin can pull it down or PM me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZogpCnC3Lfc

Comment

says video is no longer available.
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Try again

Comment

My Root Ranger works pretty good in 4".
              The first time I used it was in 6". I did have to use my camera with it so I could focus on certain areas, also had to flip it buy rotating the jetter hose as it had a tendency to favor one side or the other. This is not a problem in 4".

All in all, it's a kick a$$ nozzle, even on my little toy jetter(3.5gal)
              INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
              Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Sorry to hear that you thought jetting was as easy as pulling and pushing a hose down the drain, there`s more skill to it than that train of thought. Using the Rootranger is more difficult than simple Warthog nozzles, but is more effective if you know what the hell you`re doing. Warthogs are simple simon tools where next to no skill is required. Once you`ve got the acquired skills under your belt, that is knowing how to twist the hose inside out and back again, NOTHING comes close for root cleaning in 4 - 6" pipe.

Comment

Originally posted by Root Ranger View Post
                  Sorry to hear that you thought jetting was as easy as pulling and pushing a hose down the drain, there`s more skill to it than that train of thought. Using the Rootranger is more difficult than simple Warthog nozzles, but is more effective if you know what the hell you`re doing. Warthogs are simple simon tools where next to no skill is required. Once you`ve got the acquired skills under your belt, that is knowing how to twist the hose inside out and back again, NOTHING comes close for root cleaning in 4 - 6" pipe.
                  WOW...
                  You sound like a PRO.
                  Looking forward to meeting you in person some day

Comment

Yeah,
                    I'm not sure who that was directed at as I didn't see where anyone was implying it was easy.
                    Must just be gettin' hot down under
                    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

i did get my 1/2'' warthog stuck in a 6'' styrene line yesterday

had to use my truck to pull it out and go back in with just a nozzle to clear the line.

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

Did it strech and ruin the hose? I am always scared of this happening tomy warthog.
                        Seattle Drain Service

Comment

I got a hose stuck once. Fought with it for hours and finally gave up. Made plans to return next morning and dig it up.
                          Next morning while waiting for the excavator to show up I tugged on the hose just for the he11 of it and it came right out like nothing.
                          I still wonder why. I think it had something to do with the hose "relaxing" over night.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
                            Did it strech and ruin the hose? I am always scared of this happening tomy warthog.
                            no, i got luck and pulled it out. it was only 8' into the 6'' line.

i tried a 2'' wide ratchet strap, but all it did was make it tight. so i then pulled with the truck

rick.

finally got it running with a 1/2'' nozzle with a forward nozzle.

rick.
                            phoebe it is

Comment

root ranger; now that you have a warthog and a ranger, which do you like more? You said the warthog isn't as effective but what if you just jet a little slower than if you used your ranger? If you would buy only one nozzle, which would it be(3-4" pipe)? Have you tried the front jetter root ranger? How much pulling and cutting power do you lose by adding that front jet?
                              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Working...
                              X