connector broken off cable

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: connector broken off cable

Thanks rick 3/8s and 1/2" would be great!
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Thanks Toolaholic....

Comment

Pmark, If You have stick only,no problem. Lots of folks don't have a lot of time in welding,and that's ok. This is for them. Do You realize You can get 1/16" rods? Actually 3/32"is fine. for real good hand control when You want a good ,fast tack= with side cutters,
        cut the rod in 1/2,now You have very good control. I use a lot of 7018,but 6010 for dc and
        6011 for ac is fine also. Don't run a full weld because of too much heat. I'd do a spot on either side.
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

when I asked about putting replacement ends on after mine broke I was told they needed to be silver soldered or tack welded with a wet cloth wrapped around cable close to place to be tack welded to absorb the heat from the cable and let it keep it's temper. But in truth years ago if we broke off an end we just put about 3 or 4 good kinks on the end and used it till it got to worn.The kink's actually cleaned the line better then any of the cutters, but the customers would not go for that now, they want to see cutter heads. But you can make a kinked head out of a broke cable or anchor cable.

Comment

Mig it on, keep the wire on the heavy connector side and flow it to the spring. You won't have a problem just keep the heat on the connector as I said.
            WE LIVE IN THE LAND OF THE FREE,
            ONLY BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

Comment

Working...
            X