X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• connector broken off cable

Have a full length ridgid 3/8" cable with broken end. On My old k-375 i have a 1/2" general
    on it. Being a welder, I was going to fab My own end a braze on. Is there repair ends for General out there? thanks Tool
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: connector broken off cable

If Rick doesn't know Gene B. will.

J.C.

Comment

there are and the ones i've used for 3/8'' and 1/2'' general are slip over style. they are socket style and you then tack them on.

i'm pretty sure they make threaded repair ends, but i've only used the slip on ones.

i don't think brazing is a good choice as you will soften the spring temper and weaken it.

i just mig it.

rick.

try www.drainbrain.com
      phoebe it is

Comment

Thanks I'll mig
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

You can get general ends. they just refer to them as connectors not repair ends. Let me know if you need a part #. Not exactly sure what end you need but most 3/8 ends list for $4.10.

(line 447)just a note for me)
          INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
          Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Thanks gene,I'll go to the supply house. I'll find them in their General book. I am set up
            as a welder , but can't beat the price

Comment

What your looking for will start on line 447 of their price list
              INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
              Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Tool I have a bag of these for 3/4" cable how soon do you need them? I can prob look and send a couple to you if you can wait a week or two

Comment

Originally posted by wrench spinner View Post
                  Tool I have a bag of these for 3/4" cable how soon do you need them? I can prob look and send a couple to you if you can wait a week or two

I'm sure if you waited 2 months and 17 days to send them, you would still beat General. He11, If I started walking today and walked all the way to your house, from mine, to pick them up, then walked all the way to tools to drop them off, you'd still beat their POS customer service.

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
                    I'm sure if you waited 2 months and 17 days to send them, you would still beat General. He11, If I started walking today and walked all the way to your house, from mine, to pick them up, then walked all the way to tools to drop them off, you'd still beat their POS customer service.
                    And that my friend is why I ordered a bag when I first picked up my machine. I no longer have it anymore but I still have the connectors for both it and my old Marco

Comment

Originally posted by wrench spinner View Post
                      Wow ,great, I'm in No rush. I'l send a postal check. please let Me know whatever You want

Tool

Comment

Let me find them first than Ill PM you Ill look tonite when I go home!

Comment

if you can't find them, i know i have them for 3/8'' and 1/2''.

i assume you need the front female end? the one with the slot and screw.

these are the socket/ cup style that the cable slips into. then you weld them on.

rick.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

Hello Everyone, And is it advisable to "stick" weld a new cable end ? Will that process also de temper the cable?

Comment

Hi Pmark,I also do welding. I have stick and mig. The mig is so fast I don't think heat would build up. Spot on 2 sides would be good

Comment

Working...
                              X