Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compacted dirt in area drain from many years.

Cleared one today on a driveway apron S.F. connects to house drain. took an hour with k-375
    Actually I'm replacing gutters on this home and garage. I brought the machine to clear the
    downleader drains that sweep into main drain. Don't have jetter ,and the Maxi rooter is overkill, I feel. With what i have ,what's the best practice and attachments? thanks Tool
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: Compacted dirt in area drain from many years.

Start small and work your way up is it is plastic pipe with no roots try a small spring head with an arrow attached or C cutter I bend my starting heads so they have about a 3" path that they swab out and give the cable more action. I use this on 1 1/2" lines and it really scrapes the sides clean but they don't always go down a metal pipe the first time if it has 90 degree elbows or corroded shut. I would try a retriever head if you go down the line.If you find roots get the big brother out or replace

Comment

Call someone with a jetter.
      Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Thanks G.T. I started with spear and the retriever did it ! It's 3" C.I. And has a trap of course. I'm guessing this has been blocked at least 20 years. Iwalked down to the next home same deal,there next!
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Run lots of water to flush it if it's that bad while you snake it over and over.
          Be a great time to use a pressure washer (any) with some jetter line to flush it out and gain jetter experiance.
          Or even use pressure washer hose with no end (tip on) to really flush it.
          Seattle Drain Service

Comment

a jetter is the best.

a k-60 is second best with an open auger cutter or reverse wind cut cable.

i typically start from the curb back.

plenty of water to help flush out.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
            X