K-7500 The Mutilator

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: K-7500 The Mutilator

now rich, remember at 625 rpm's there's not going to be any remains left to be identified.

plus do you really want to play with a gator

i pulled a mouse out with my k39 a couple years back

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Yeah, we have different critters(not seen any prairie dogs here) but lots of critters nonetheless. My wife wouldn't be into me bringing in found treasures into the house either. Actually, I wouldn't be surprised at all if gators get caught in drainlines. Not so much sanitary, but storm or runoff into retention ponds.. 625 rpm to chop em up is probably more pleasant than pulling em out. Critters wouldn't upset me, but I'd be upset if I pulled someone's pet out. BTW, just got a larger trailer for my business, but there is no room for a large drum machine! I'd have to leave it in the whse/garage and go back to get it. The K39af and K60 take up relatively little room for what they can do.

Comment

Originally posted by richinflorida View Post
        I knew this would happen! Talk about buyer's remorse. I should have saved up for a 7500 instead of listening to Rick. In the two jobs I have used my new K60 on, not one animal fragment has come back. Josh is right, that cat wasn't in there too long. What are the odds of two in one day? Funny and disgusting, but how would you feel if you turned around and saw a young girl with tears welling up in her eyes as you yank the remains of her favorite pet out with your cable and dash it on the ground like trash? The pics really add to the story; now I'm going to rinse the puke out of my wastebasket..
        Unlike Rick, We dont let kids hang around while we are cleaning lines
        I`d hate to see one of em get hurt. We run em off all the time telling the mom or dad that the kids must go back in the house or we`ll pack up and leave. Something about machines and kids, they all seem to find each other.
        http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
          Unlike Rick, We dont let kids hang around while we are cleaning lines
          I`d hate to see one of em get hurt. We run em off all the time telling the mom or dad that the kids must go back in the house or we`ll pack up and leave. Something about machines and kids, they all seem to find each other.
          unlike the typical stereotype of plumbers and drain cleaners

i have a huge following with the customers kids. they all want to bring out their tools and help.

i let them watch from a safe distance and tell them when they turn 12 they can come and work with me like i did with my uncle 34 years ago

nothing wrong with introducing the next generation to becoming a plumber.

someones got to take my spot in another 20 years

so getting in good with the entire family cost me nothing and gives me more than enough referrals. i have some customers that are 3rd. generation

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

I can see both Rick and Steve's pov on this. In today "lawsuit happy" society, I would be scared to let the kids come by my machine. However, I do believe it's great what Rick is doing and I trust he feels comfortable with any risks. Potentially I want to let the neighborhood kids help me but realistically......not so much.
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I want a whole crew of mean midgets. And I won't worry about them at all.

J.C.

jk

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                I want a whole crew of mean midgets. And I won't worry about them at all.

J.C.
                I have a whole town full of them in Munchkinland.

Mark
                "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

There's a story that has been spread (possible urban legend) down in my part of the world about a plumber who was cleaning a sewer at a motel. He started pulling out fetus' on his cable. He called the police, who went door to door and found evidence that a woman was performing abortions for prostitutes, flushing the fetus' down the toilet.
                  I think that would end my career.

One of my portable toilet drivers told me, while working for another company came accross a miscarriage.
                  Last edited by Trent2; 06-26-2009, 08:58 AM. Reason: Cain't speel
                  www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

I don't know, but these kids just dont seem to look like the next generation to become a plumber ?
                    and this sure as hell doesn't fit "my definition" of a safe distance ????
                    Call me the "stereotype of plumbers and drain cleaners" all you want but "IF" I saw this one of my job sites someone would be looking for a new job.

Looks like your using a K-7500 aka The Mutilator
                    You know, the machine with all the recoil that will Kill the operator
                    Are their hands on that machine, I sure hope they didn't stick their fingers in the mouth or eat after playing with the machine

Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 06-26-2009, 12:54 PM.

Comment

I started riding in the truck on the weekends or summers with my father when I was five. It may have been a septic tank we where pumping or a line that was clogged but I was right there watching. I learned how to run a backhoe from watching him and as a teenager started doing dig outs for septic tanks. I know being the son of the owner is one thing but safety was all ways a priority. Kids and teens get to on a ride along with police officers and firemen. They have dangerous jobs, I would say more dangerous then a plumber. I know there is liability concerns with kids at your job site but a smart professional knows the limits and kids need to learn there is more than being a teacher, police officer, fireman or veterinarian.

- Dan

Comment

Return of "The Mutilator"
                        Rocky and Family

Not just 1 or 2 but "3"

I`ll Be Back !!!!!

That's Alvin, Simon and Theodore,, after their recording and acting career went down the drain, taking them with it.

Comment

Originally posted by richinflorida View Post
                          I knew this would happen! Talk about buyer's remorse. I should have saved up for a 7500 instead of listening to Rick. In the two jobs I have used my new K60 on, not one animal fragment has come back. Josh is right, that cat wasn't in there too long. What are the odds of two in one day? Funny and disgusting, but how would you feel if you turned around and saw a young girl with tears welling up in her eyes as you yank the remains of her favorite pet out with your cable and dash it on the ground like trash? The pics really add to the story; now I'm going to rinse the puke out of my wastebasket..
                          Rich,
                          ya made me laugh.
                          Good show.

Comment

I don't know, but these kids just dont seem to look like the next generation to become a plumber ?
                            and this sure as hell doesn't fit "my definition" of a safe distance ????
                            Call me the "stereotype of plumbers and drain cleaners" all you want but "IF" I saw this one of my job sites someone would be looking for a new job.

Looks like your using a K-7500 aka The Mutilator
                            You know, the machine with all the recoil that will Kill the operator
                            Are their hands on that machine, I sure hope they didn't stick their fingers in the mouth or eat after playing with the machine

time for you to get a clue. you really think i had the machine running while they're standing there with their mother taking the picture

you can't possibly be that clueless.

did you zoom in and read the nice art work the kids put together to thank me for fixing their sewer. i know you can do it as you used macro to find a spot on a granite floor 6 months back.

totally clueless

rick.
                            phoebe it is

Comment

Yep I`m that clueless Rick

I cant believe you let little kids touch a nasty sewer machine!
                              I see you have not one but 2 gloves on so I`m guessing one nasty glove has moved those knobs and handles they are playing with.

Why would you have the cable out and both gloves on if the machine was not set-up to run????? Hummmm Not buying it Rick.
                              Even if it wasn't turning at the time of the picture it not hard for some one to step on the foot switch is it... Oh I`m sure it was unpluged wasnt it

If it was just a staged picture you wouldn't have both gloves on would ya

you`ll say what ever you have to just to recover from what to me looks like a very dangerous accident waiting to happen and you`ll never change my mind that those kids are touching a machine that could make them SICK and or kill them if something goes wrong.

I really don't care either way as it`s not my Insurance on the line.
                              If I ever saw a picture like that from one of my helpers they would be fired on the spot!
                              Like I said, hell one of those kids could get real sick from just touching the machine. I know I got real sick 2 years ago from one drop of water that flung in my eye off a machine.

I believe it is you that is totally clueless as to what all the dangers are in the sewer business!

You`ll have all weekend to post Rick as I`ll be out of town

Don't get all worked up, it`s your business not mine We just do things a different way
                              Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 06-26-2009, 10:15 PM.

Comment

BTW.... Wash that thing....lol

Comment

Working...
                                X