Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the best BIG cable machine? 1500 or 7500?

Right now my biggest cable machine is the K-60. Obviously if I am going to focus on drain-cleaning I will need a big-boy machine to round out the arsenal.
    I was leaning towards the K-1500, but I think a drum like the K-7500 would be way faster and easier to use on most calls.

So which is better K-1500 or K-7500...Ridgid's 2 biggest, baddest sewer machines. This should get fun!
    Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Re: What is the best BIG cable machine? 1500 or 7500?

K-1500: http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/K1500-Se...e/EN/index.htm

K-7500: http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/K7500-Dr...e/EN/index.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
      Right now my biggest cable machine is the K-60. Obviously if I am going to focus on drain-cleaning I will need a big-boy machine to round out the arsenal.
      I was leaning towards the K-1500, but I think a drum like the K-7500 would be way faster and easier to use on most calls.

So which is better K-1500 or K-7500...Ridgid's 2 biggest, baddest sewer machines. This should get fun!

Boy you are going to start a war here. If I were you your next machine should be a K-7500 for those times where a K-7500 would be a better choice than a K-60. However, that should not be the end of your arsenal and you will someday need a K-1500 to get what the K-60 and K-7500 won't get. In addition, you may want to add a jetter in there soon as well.

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

neither.... I was able to get away without them for years with one of there:

Comment

7500 is the easiest on u physically---and it works great

1500 is the STRONGEST SEWER MACHINE EVER and will clear anything---no other machine can produce the power and torque of the ol' beast---she has saved me many times with over 275 ft of cable----but as soon as u think u have her mastered, and ur not paying attention, she will bite you and beat u down---------the 1500 is the top dog, but-----------------------
          ----she is very messy--even with guides, poo is everywhere--dont argue
          -----she is heavy and awkward with all the cages
          ---- she makes you earn your money--wrestling cable and wearing poo
          --- plan on wearing poo
          -----dont even think about it near carpet----not even with dropcloths
          ----- she does not fit well in tight basements or closets
          -----plan on always having a helper---you ll thank me later

the 7500----dont worry about any of that---shes clean, and quick and you will do more sewer cleans in a day with 7500-----

i would buy a 1500 before the 7500, but i would buy the 7500 next-----my 1500 can be a lifesaver

Comment

i'll sway and say get a 7500

then you have a drum and a sectional.

the k-60 will do 90-95% of all your work, so the 7500 will be for areas where the k-60 won't go.

biggest problem with the 7500 is the weight of the assembled machine with 100' of 3/4'' cable.

use the 60 when you need the size and the 7500 when you need the power.

truthfully i rarely use my 1500. but i do use my trusty timberwolf with the 1.25'' cable.

wait till you see the monster roots i pulled out today.

i'll post some photos to make you say

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

If you already have a K-60 then there's no reason not to get a K-7500 to finish out on those big long bad runs that a K-60 just shouldn't do
              http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Well that settles it then. If even Rick AND Allclear agree on this, it must be Gospel!!! I trust all you guys on drain equipment.

The K-7500....THE MUTILATOR will be my next weapon of choice. (After I pay off the new seesnake of course.) Ridgid tools are addictive.

Comment

Yes they are

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
                    Well that settles it then. If even Rick AND Allclear agree on this, it must be Gospel!!! I trust all you guys on drain equipment.

The K-7500....THE MUTILATOR will be my next weapon of choice. (After I pay off the new seesnake of course.) Ridgid tools are addictive.
                    I Love Ridgid but if a General Maxi Rooter comes your way don't shy away it is a very tough machine also.
                    Seattle Drain Service

Comment

The 7500 for roots with helper. The 1500 for grease and moving mush you need the auguring action

Comment

Alright, I saw a K-7500 in mint condition on Ebay for $1250 plus shipping and I couldn't resist! I paid off the seesnake today and grabbed the K-7500 as the bid was expiring in hours on Ebay. It should be arriving sometime next week.
                        Hopefully I'll get some awful, nasty sewer stoppage call right after it arrives, and I can go out and test-drive the new "Mutilator!"

Comment

Comment

that things like new....great find
                            Enjoy the Mutilator
                            BTW....ditch the belt cover, you`ll be glad you did.

Comment

You stole that one I paid 3500 for a used one 5 years ago

Comment

Working...
                              X