Main line...cleared

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Main line...cleared

You get that same feel with the k-60 to let you know when it's the spot.
    Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Or a K-7500 if you know what your doing
      http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

I guess I was spoiled when I was cutting my teeth...for about 2.5 y all I did was sewers(clear stoppages, video inspects/locations) The General speedrooter 91 was their mainline machine, The gen eye(or its predecessor?) was their 1st video setup with a separate sonde for location. The only machines I knew were power feed's, kept in top shape...The rentals really don't cut it, one of my rentals this year when it got out to a blockage at about 70' the motor was struggling just to turn the cable...All I brought back was a very small root blockage. Time for my own machine...I've been delaying the inevetable for far too long.

Greg

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
          It wasn't...to be honest, I don't know if I'd have been comfy with an auto-feed.
          The fact that I could feel for offsets or the blockage itself was kinda cool....but then it isn't like I have loads of experience with one.
          Just for safety you should use an autofeed. The cable is much less liklely to strip out of the drum and wrap around your hand when the auto feed is set properly. It isn't full proof but it does help considerably. so even if you feed and retrieve the cable manually when you hit the blockage set the auto feed and let the machine do the work. It's not that easy but it's safer.

Comment

Originally posted by saysflushable View Post
            Just for safety you should use an autofeed. The cable is much less liklely to strip out of the drum and wrap around your hand when the auto feed is set properly. It isn't full proof but it does help considerably. so even if you feed and retrieve the cable manually when you hit the blockage set the auto feed and let the machine do the work. It's not that easy but it's safer.
            I think I agree, in longer runs I imagine I'd get tired of yanking cable.

Right now I'm looking for the best overall option, space, weight, and versatility are the priority (I'm sure I'm just another face in the crowd there).

My work is plumbing, this is intended mainly for the occasional regular that calls...but it could wind up branching into something more.

Ben had recommended the K-39 af, but last night it would have been useless where it was a 4" underground with roots. (I assume a minimum 1/2" or 5/8" cable for this size pipe)

The machine I used was an electric eel, 3/4" cable - 1/3 HP..which breezed right through it.
            BUT...it weighed at least 100lbs, and I could not possibly imagine having something this bulky in my truck for the occasional call.

Comment

K-39 for small drains and a K-60 with 5/8" cables and 7/8" cables will do 90% of any and all drain work.
              Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

If I could only have 2 machines It would be a K39af or something like it.
                And a K-60 both small to store not to high priced and would get 90% of what I am called to do.

Yes I have about 4 drum machines also but that's because I bought them first. If I had to start all over these would be the 2 I bought. A bigger snake could always come later for that rare 10%.
                Seattle Drain Service

Comment

If I could only have two machines it would be a K-50-8 and a K-60sp.

Mark
                  "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

HEY DUCKBUTTER;

I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN ABOUT THE ROOM ON A PLUMBING TRUCK YOU NEED SOMETHING THAT TAKES UP THE MINIMUM AMOUNT OF SPACE CAUSE YOU NEED ROOM AND SPACE FOR THE OTHER THINGS IN THE WAY OF PLUMBING THAT ALLOWS YOU TO MAKE MONEY ! !

http://www.trojantoolmfg.com/pony.html

THAT IS WHY I RECOMMEND THE PONY IT'S LIGHT WEIGHT TAKES UP A MIN AMOUNT OF ROOM AND YOU CAN INTERCHANGE A COLT DRUM THAT ALLOWS YOU TO DO MEDIUM SIZE PIPES AS WELL AS MAINLINES WITH
                    ONE MACHINE AND A SINK,TUB,SHOWER MACHINE
                    JERRYMAC
                    E-MAILJERRYMAC777@GMAIL.COM
                    CALIF. LIC. PLBG,HEAT,DRAINS,ELECTRIC,WATER HEATER, BOILER, POOL AND SPA HEATER
                    FIRE SPRINKLER CONTRACTOR,
                    SINCE JAN. 1989

Comment

duck, i'm not the only one that speaks the gospel

you can thank me at the next roundup.

the k-60 and the k-39 will do 99% of anything you will want to do.

those 2 machine weigh very little and take up little space. with a little training you'll be like everyone else who has them.

i'll give you the k-60 guarantee

if you doesn't perform as we all have noted, i will buy it from you to add to my collection of k-60's.

so far, i've never had to shell out any money for this guarantee.

rick.

lets see anyone back up a guarantee like mine
                      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by JERRYMAC View Post
                        HEY DUCKBUTTER;

I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN ABOUT THE ROOM ON A PLUMBING TRUCK YOU NEED SOMETHING THAT TAKES UP THE MINIMUM AMOUNT OF SPACE CAUSE YOU NEED ROOM AND SPACE FOR THE OTHER THINGS IN THE WAY OF PLUMBING THAT ALLOWS YOU TO MAKE MONEY ! !

http://www.trojantoolmfg.com/pony.html

THAT IS WHY I RECOMMEND THE PONY IT'S LIGHT WEIGHT TAKES UP A MIN AMOUNT OF ROOM AND YOU CAN INTERCHANGE A COLT DRUM THAT ALLOWS YOU TO DO MEDIUM SIZE PIPES AS WELL AS MAINLINES WITH
                        ONE MACHINE AND A SINK,TUB,SHOWER MACHINE
                        THIS got my attention.
                        Then I saw the price...ooph!
                        BUT, add the price of a K-39 & K-60 and..welp, maybe not so bad.

Comment

What does the Trojan weigh Vs. the 7500?
                          I've used a mytanik and or a 7500 for many years and have not been let down.
                          The self feed is a hand and back saver.

Comment

I find that most rental machines don't have some of the most important accessory's such as a leader, and I have yet to see one with a finish head, the one that takes out the roots or grease left behind after the other cutters have opened and cut most of the clog out.Auto feed still let's you feel the pipe maybe even more so as it is slower.

Comment

Working...
                            X