X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Main line...cleared

Recently, Ben posted a thread on which machine would be best suited for me.
    I get the occasional call from my regulars but not often enough to warrant big bucks or bulky equipment...so I thought.

Told Ben I'd try an experiment in November by advertizing drain cleaning.

I also ensured him I had no immediate need for a machine as I was sure I wouldn't be getting a drain call anytime soon.

Welp, Ben, you were right....however, I think I may been right as well in not buying the K-39 prematurely.

Got a call tonight from a customer I consider tops on my list, they NEVER balk or question my bills, they always call me exclusively...I CANNOT afford to look like a schmuck with this family.

Rented the biggest machine I could get for this job to ensure it would do the trick, 3/4" cable 1/3 hp electric eel.

This cable was perfect, the motor didn't slag...I immediately knew when I hit the block just by the feel of the cable, it ate it up for lunch.

It was a 4" CI underground, the blockage should be obvious in the pic.

My question, to anyone who knows...would something as small as a K-39 have been able to handle this?
    Attached Files

Re: Main line...cleared

no... but a perfect job for the k60 ;-)

Comment

a -k-39 is used for a lav sink tub or shower trap. nothing bigger than 2''.

a k-60 and a k-39 will make you a very happy drain cleaner.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

I concur with my esteem colleague Plumber Rick.

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
          Recently, Ben posted a thread on which machine would be best suited for me.
          I get the occasional call from my regulars but not often enough to warrant big bucks or bulky equipment...so I thought.

Told Ben I'd try an experiment in November by advertizing drain cleaning.

I also ensured him I had no immediate need for a machine as I was sure I wouldn't be getting a drain call anytime soon.

Welp, Ben, you were right....however, I think I may been right as well in not buying the K-39 prematurely.

Got a call tonight from a customer I consider tops on my list, they NEVER balk or question my bills, they always call me exclusively...I CANNOT afford to look like a schmuck with this family.

Rented the biggest machine I could get for this job to ensure it would do the trick, 3/4" cable 1/3 hp electric eel.

This cable was perfect, the motor didn't slag...I immediately knew when I hit the block just by the feel of the cable, it ate it up for lunch.

It was a 4" CI underground, the blockage should be obvious in the pic.

My question, to anyone who knows...would something as small as a K-39 have been able to handle this?
          How are the rental machines in your area, as I posted before the one's around here are flat out no good. It sounds like I do about as much drain cleaning as you do.

Greg

Comment

I can't believe you even asked if a K-39 can handle roots in a 4" line....c'mon, I know you're not a drain-cleaner but how can you not know this after being a member of this forum for so long!? The K-39 is for tub drains and lavatory lines!!! Not sewers.
            Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Originally posted by glkearns View Post
              How are the rental machines in your area, as I posted before the one's around here are flat out no good. It sounds like I do about as much drain cleaning as you do.

Greg
              Actually, I specifically remembered your call on that, but forgot who'd said it.

I'd buy the machine I used tonight if I had the space on my truck...it had to have weighed a good 100.

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
                I can't believe you even asked if a K-39 can handle roots in a 4" line....c'mon, I know you're not a drain-cleaner but how can you not know this after being a member of this forum for so long!? The K-39 is for tub drains and lavatory lines!!! Not sewers.
                I may recall incorrectly, but I thought the K-39 could be fitted for a 5/8" cable...apparently not.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
                  I may recall incorrectly, but I thought the K-39 could be fitted for a 5/8" cable...apparently not.
                  I can come for a ride along and help you.

Brenda (Mrs. ToUtahNow) can help you out on using a camera.

We West Coast girls are more than just pretty faces
                  I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post

We West Coast guys didn't marry our trophy wives just because of their stunningly good looks.

Mark

Comment

So easy even a girl can do it?

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                        So easy even a girl can do it?
                        Yes, but if we break a nail the manicure is on you
                        I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Yes, but if we break a nail the manicure is on you
                          What are you talking about the manicures are always on me regardless. The only way I can get Brenda to keep working when she gets hurt is to pay for things like weekly manicures. Which is why they are called manicures and not womanicures.

Mark

Comment

Most rental machines are not self feed as it would be another thing for the home owner to destroy. Rental yards don't actually make money with snakes it is just that they are expected to carry them. Cables get ruined every other rental. But I ask was the machine rented a self feed? If it was that is rare. A K-60 would have been a good choice for this job light, and the cable would have not just cleared the clog but it would have scoured more roots by it's cable design. Good job!
                            Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
                              Most rental machines are not self feed as it would be another thing for the home owner to destroy. Rental yards don't actually make money with snakes it is just that they are expected to carry them. Cables get ruined every other rental. But I ask was the machine rented a self feed? If it was that is rare. A K-60 would have been a good choice for this job light, and the cable would have not just cleared the clog but it would have scoured more roots by it's cable design. Good job!
                              It wasn't...to be honest, I don't know if I'd have been comfy with an auto-feed.
                              The fact that I could feel for offsets or the blockage itself was kinda cool....but then it isn't like I have loads of experience with one.

Comment

Working...
                              X