Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drain-cleaning Arsenal.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: Drain-cleaning Arsenal.

    Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
    Rick please help me undersatnd why a one man shop would need 4 of everything.
    I`m really lost at your thinking on this and I hope to learn something new here.
    For the life of me I just cant understand why a one man shop would need 4 of everything????
    LOL- Now you are starting to sound like Joey.

    Some people collect stamps and some people collect tools. My guess is Rick does not collect stamps.

    I don't know about Rick but I always bought extra tools if I found them at a good price. Most tools seem to retain their value especially with Ridgid tools. When a tool went down (or was stolen) I always had another one on the shelve. If I didn't have a spare on the shelf I would have to pay full pop to buy a new tool as I didn't have time to wait for a deal.

    Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

    I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

    Comment


    • #17
      Re: Drain-cleaning Arsenal.

      Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
      Rick please help me undersatnd why a one man shop would need 4 of everything.
      I`m really lost at your thinking on this and I hope to learn something new here.
      For the life of me I just cant understand why a one man shop would need 4 of everything????
      the way i look at it, it's a better investment than the stock market

      joey collect shoes, i collect tools.

      plus when 1 is down there's 3+ to fill in. no need for worrying about down time.

      there was a time when i was not a 1 man show.

      rick.
      phoebe it is

      Comment


      • #18
        Re: Drain-cleaning Arsenal.

        3 drum machines to one sectional



        GOOD MOVE


        Tools of the trade, I must say.
        Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: Drain-cleaning Arsenal.

          Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
          3 drum machines to one sectional



          GOOD MOVE


          Tools of the trade, I must say.
          Yes, I like the drums lately. Once I get the 7500 up and running with new cable I'll be able to do a direct comparison with the K-60...and then we'll see from there which one earns a permanent spot on the truck. The all important philosophical question of man....The powerful but heavy drum, or the versatile but awkward sectional?
          Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

          Comment


          • #20
            Re: Drain-cleaning Arsenal.

            Here is some of our stuff

            2-K39's
            2-K400's
            K7500 with extra drum and cable
            K750 with extra drum and cable
            KJ 3000
            200' Electric eel sectional cables
            Seesnake micro
            Seektech
            Scout
            Cues K-2 crawler camera system
            2-Scooter Lateral cameras
            Scooter mini line camera
            Vactor 2115 combo truck
            Hydraulic Root Cutters

            Comment


            • #21
              Re: Drain-cleaning Arsenal.

              Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
              This is my arsenal of drain-cleaning machines...all Ridgid of course.



              A K-7500 drum for large sewer drains (AKA "The Mutilator"), a K-380 for kitchen and floor drains, a K-60 sectional for those difficult access sewers such as roofs (AKA "The Impressionator"), a K-39 auto-feed for small tub and sink drains, a Seesnake Mini Video Camera system and Scout Locator for video inspections and pipe locations.

              Thats how I roll. Post your Drain Arsenal if you'd like to share in this thread.

              Vary nice collection all nice and clean but tell me something do you ever use them.

              Tony

              Comment


              • #22
                Re: Drain-cleaning Arsenal.

                Well the camera, locator and K-7500 are very new. So they have little use yet. The other machines are about a year old. I have only had my own business for a year and half. So what do you expect, old beat up machines?
                Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

                Comment


                • #23
                  Re: Drain-cleaning Arsenal.

                  Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                  the way i look at it, it's a better investment than the stock market

                  joey collect shoes, i collect tools.

                  plus when 1 is down there's 3+ to fill in. no need for worrying about down time.

                  there was a time when i was not a 1 man show.

                  rick.
                  I guess I can understand it. I have a few hundred thousand in tools just to work on my collection of racing machines.
                  3 drag boat
                  1 drag car (Door Car)
                  1 big dragster
                  1 Jr Dragster
                  2 motocross bikes
                  2 jet skies
                  1 4wheeler

                  Then there's all the other toys like my new car


                  I guess we all have our fetishes.
                  I use to collect Ex-wives
                  http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Re: Drain-cleaning Arsenal.

                    Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
                    I guess I can understand it. I have a few hundred thousand in tools just to work on my collection of racing machines.
                    3 drag boat
                    1 drag car (Door Car)
                    1 big dragster
                    1 Jr Dragster
                    2 motocross bikes
                    2 jet skies
                    1 4wheeler

                    Then there's all the other toys like my new car


                    I guess we all have our fetishes.
                    I use to collect Ex-wives
                    You know what they say about a boy and his toys. I am a firm believer in the more the better. How about a new thread dedicated to all of our toys?

                    Mark
                    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

                    I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Re: Drain-cleaning Arsenal.

                      That might be kinda fun Mark... Post up the topic and lets see what ya got
                      http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Re: Drain-cleaning Arsenal.

                        Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
                        That might be kinda fun Mark... Post up the topic and lets see what ya got
                        Consider it done.

                        http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20825

                        Mark
                        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

                        I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Re: Drain-cleaning Arsenal.

                          Do you guys do other plumbing besides drain cleaning??? All I have is a K1500a and a K50. Only been used a handfull of times. I just cant see myself cleaning drains all day...dont get me wrong, drain cleaning IS plumbing. Not trying to start trouble!

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Re: Drain-cleaning Arsenal.

                            yep, I also do new sewer and septic installs
                            http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Re: Drain-cleaning Arsenal.

                              Originally posted by NorthernIllinoisPlumber View Post
                              Do you guys do other plumbing besides drain cleaning??? All I have is a K1500a and a K50. Only been used a handfull of times. I just cant see myself cleaning drains all day...dont get me wrong, drain cleaning IS plumbing. Not trying to start trouble!
                              Drain cleaning was anywhere from 10-25% of our working depending on whether I had a drain cleaning shop I trusted to refer work to.

                              Mark
                              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

                              I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Re: Drain-cleaning Arsenal.

                                Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
                                yep, I also do new sewer and septic installs
                                I thought you had to have a license in Kansas to do that type of work.

                                Mark
                                "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

                                I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X