Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My First Encounter with the "G" Diaper

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
    "Screw the environment...I'm buying plastic diapers from now on"
    Or heaven forbid they could use cloth diapers, which if you don't use a diaper service are actually better for the environment.

Comment

That is funny. I just did a job and they had the same thing in the line. A couple of days later I got a call from G-Diapers and spoke to Kim and she picked my brain about how could this happen and so on. I let her know that they can be flushed but it does not mean they will make it through the sewer line.

This company pays the customer for the blockage. If your bill was $400.00 then G-Diapers will give them $400.00.

Kim said that out of millions sold only 30 or so have come up with problems.

Comment

[quote=biggdog;182259]That is funny. I just did a job and they had the same thing in the line. A couple of days later I got a call from G-Diapers and spoke to Kim and she picked my brain about how could this happen and so on. I let her know that they can be flushed but it does not mean they will make it through the sewer line.
        quote]

this is the same way i explain it to my customers.

they say "flushable"

flushable means they will get through the toilet.

the manufacturer doesn't say they will make it to the city sewer. there are way too many scenarios that will prevent the diaper from making it another 100' down the line to the city main.

once i explain it to the customer, they stop using them

i even ask them to do an experiment.

place 2 cups of water on the counter.
        1 cup with toilet paper and 1 cup with baby wipes.

let them sit overnight and look at the results.

toilet paper is pulp and baby wipes are intact just like from the package.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
          Rick, I thought you told me I was the only one who had one of these bills, that's why I paid you $1,250,000 for it.

I've been had.
          They are in banks everywhere you were taken
          http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Originally posted by biggdog View Post
            That is funny. I just did a job and they had the same thing in the line. A couple of days later I got a call from G-Diapers and spoke to Kim and she picked my brain about how could this happen and so on. I let her know that they can be flushed but it does not mean they will make it through the sewer line.

This company pays the customer for the blockage. If your bill was $400.00 then G-Diapers will give them $400.00.

This is really good info and something everyone should advise the customers of.

Mark
            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by biggdog View Post
              Only 30 of them? Try 30,000,000 Miss Kim.

Try this sometime if you have an old timer manual drain and fill wringer washer.

Fill it with water and put in a few baby wipes and some flushaway diapers. Then let it agitate for several minutes. You'll need your shop vac to clean the mess up but look at what doesn't happen to them. Later try the same but with toilet paper.

You can use pails of water and something like a big wood spoon and just stir them for a few minutes, but the old washer is more fun to watch.
              Last edited by Woussko; 10-15-2008, 12:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X