X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Going into a clog from the sewer outlet

First I would crawl under the trailer and check the pipe some have long runs of un buried pipe that sag and form low spots. Then check the connection where it goes in to buried pipe trailers settle and can push coupling off center that catches paper and clog half of my clogs on trailers are underneath, I pull the connection apart and clean through it using pipe then straighten pipe with supports under neath this is also a good time to put in a clean out to the side of trailer so you don't have to crawl under there again. I always like going from the outlet end of the pipe when I can as it tells me when I hit the clog and I can see what comes out. But be careful you don't go to far and break the stool. Most times you need a stiff cable to go up a line a 3/8 or 1/2" will most times not be stiff enough to go up. It could be that the reason it stops up often is to small of head was used for finale pass I run progressively bigger heads till I get one as big as the pipe through I make 3 or 4 runs through so make sure your cable can get that big of head through or it wont stay open if it wont call the pro. You don't want to pay for getting your stuck cable out with a backhoe.

Comment

Re: WHY I RECOMMEND VIDEO-INSPECTION ON EVERY JOB!

WHY I RECOMMEND VIDEO-INSPECTION ON EVERY JOB!

We have lots of orangeburg pipe here, its always in extremely bad shape.

The seesnake and locator have handed me a bunch of sewer repairs. Everyone of them have been collapsed or seriously damaged pipe beyond maintenance.
      Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

I got it flowing for the customer for now, replacing the whole thing tomorrow. It was flattened like a crushed plastic straw.

Comment

That stuff is crazy pipe. It definitely is not pipe puller friendly
          I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
            That stuff is crazy pipe. It definitely is not pipe puller friendly
            jojo, you're thinking of styrene. styrene is a bummer as it doesn't want to split. it wants to accordion

orange bird is easy to pull as long as you get to it before it's destroyed and can't get a cable from 1 end to the other.

we have orange bird out here. but the majority i come across is area drains. not much sewers, unless you're in marks neck of the woods

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Yeah, orangeburg is a gimme. It sells itself.
              I run into it once in while. Almost non existent in my area. When I worked in L.A. county, came across it a little more frequently but still pretty seldom at that.

Comment

Rick, it's called Orangeberg not Orange Bird

We have a policy that if we find out there is Orangeberg pipe we don't snake the line, only replace.

Lost too many cables to count because of it

"I have leftover cardboard and some tar...."
                "Hey, lets make a pipe!"

Comment

i thought it was more of a roofing paper than cardboard.

i had a call a couple months back that the landscaper poked a hole in a pipe.

i went there, saw it was orangeberg and took out my henry's to patch the quarter size hole on the area drain that was 90% full of roots and dirt.

i doubt that the system has worked in 20 years. built in the late 60's.

i've seen it for area drains, but only a couple times for sewers.

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                    Rick, it's called Orangeberg not Orange Bird

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Well the orangeburg pipe is gone...here is a pic of the new sewer we installed yesterday.

Comment

Working...
                      X