X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going into a clog from the sewer outlet

I know I 'm going to get slammed, but I'm going to ask anyway.
    The main line under a mobile home is clogged. The sewer manhole is about 50 feet from the access. My question is Since the drain line comes up in the miiddle of the slab ( meaning I have to crawl under the trailer with the machine) can i run the drain cleaning line from the sewer access back.
    I have took the sewer manhole off, I can get down there. I know I need wadders, boots, and raincoat incase some other home flushes. Has anyone done this or have any constructive thoughts on this?

Thankyou, gentleman

Re: Going into a clog from the sewer outlet

All you have to do is pipe down to the sewer in the manhole. You don't need to get in there. I do it all the time. Just take some 3" or 4" pvc and aim it at the sewer opening and stick your cable in the pvc and let it go.

BTW... this is my last post so you got lucky
    I just couldn't help but give you that tip
    http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
      All you have to do is pipe down to the sewer in the manhole. You don't need to get in there. I do it all the time. Just take some 3" or 4" pvc and aim it at the sewer opening and stick your cable in the pvc and let it go.

You can't leave!

Where would you go?

What would we do?

Rick will be running amuck within a week without you to keep him centered

Who will be the Defender of the Drum when you're not around?

You are our Cable Commander of the K-750

It's getting dark, cold and lonely already......someone hold me

Comment

fluepipe3, i rather doubt you will clear your lateral to your trailer from the manhole.

is it the main to the entire property or just your trailer?

if it's the main to the property, then maybe so.

your line to your trailer, no.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Don't go!!! We need comic relief around here. "Rick went East to Kansas." and "The Mutilator" were some of the funniest threads EVER on this forum. They both had me in tears, ROTFLMFAO!
          Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

the man hole will be tough? you dont want to go in the man hole without some sort of confined space training. and using a piece of a pipe as a conduit to guide your cable works but its tricky, you have to be pretty good with your machine to do that. and if there is any tie ins from other drain lines its hard to say where your cable will end up? why cant you pull a toilet? that would be the route i'd take
            Mike
            Clark County Plumbing And Drain
            www.plumbinginclarkcounty.com

Comment

To clarify "Haycad" (good call) in regards to confined space training, there is many a story about people going down manhole's and never coming out again due to being overcome by the gasses and lack of oxygen. Take heed in regards to the advice your hearing by using a plastic sleeve from above but I don't think it will work unless your the only line tied in and the installer of the sewer decided not to use a combination fitting. Install an end of the line cleanout extension from under the structure.

Comment

PULL THE TOILET AND SNAKE ER ----IF YOU DONT KNOW HOW TO RESET A TOILET, U SHOULDNT TRY SNAKING IT---BUT ASK SUPERPLUMBER---HE WILL WALK YOU THROUGH LIVE GAS TAPS AND LIVE WATER MAIN REPAIRS--IT WILL BE ALLRIGHT

Comment

Thanks for the guidence. In answer to Mr. Rick's question. The sewer manhole is in the park in my yard,there a three outlets that seem to feed it. When I removed the cover and looked down there, the other feeds were wet. The one from my trailer was dry, idicates to me that my clog is in my main line feeding it.
                  in your expert opion would it be worth trying fron the sewer side or just crawling under trailer and slowly feedind line in with a cutterblade till it clears?

Thankyou, Sir.

Comment

Originally posted by fluepipe3 View Post
                    Thanks for the guidence. In answer to Mr. Rick's question. The sewer manhole is in the park in my yard,there a three outlets that seem to feed it. When I removed the cover and looked down there, the other feeds were wet. The one from my trailer was dry, idicates to me that my clog is in my main line feeding it.
                    in your expert opion would it be worth trying fron the sewer side or just crawling under trailer and slowly feedind line in with a cutterblade till it clears?

Thankyou, Sir.
                    if you feel real confident that the branch that is dry, is for your line only, then try it. go easy and if you hit a real bind, stop. you should be able to see some flow when you hit it.

a camera is a sure fire way to really know before you find out the hard way.

or you can clear it from the underside of the trailer and see where the cable comes into the manhole for future reference.

is this manhole a public or private one?

public manholes are off limits for us here.

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

It belongs to the park. In that the owner of the park also owns the water company here also. But I will get permission first. Which shouldn;t be a problem, seeing how I fix the hvac systems in his rental units. I have a 50 foot power drain cleaner machine that was given to me in liu of payment for a condenser replacement. The machine was bought a Harbor freight. It has a 1/3 hp motor. I fiqure if I use the cutter and go slow, and dont run into roots, it should go alright.
                      Thankyou for your expert opion, sir. I can see from the posts you appear to be respected amd knowledgeable in the professional drain cleaning business.

Comment

i would be real cautious with that machine. the cable is either a 3/8'' or 1/2'' cable. the last thing you want to do is get that cable stuck in the line.

what's been the track record there with that line?

if it's just paper, you'll probably be fine. roots and you're done

i would rather see you try from your access c/o than the manhole with that cable. honestly, hiring a pro this time might be a good idea and a learning experience for next time

your machine is not the problem, it's the cable and its size.

don't get hurt and don't get stuck

rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

Call a pro drain-cleaner and get it fixed properly. A 1/3 hp machine from harbor freight!? That is not likely to handle it.
                          Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                            You can't leave!

Where would you go?

What would we do?
                            Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
                            Don't go!!!
                            I think he just meant for the evening. Boy are you boys saps
                            I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

The history of the line is that its be done 2x before, it was paper/sludge no roots. Is the cable to big or to small? If I do it I will take your advice and do it from the clean out under the trailer.
                              The company that did it the last time is out of business do to retirement and has since moved away. I watched them do it . The guy told me that he feeds the line slowly and then when water starts to flow again, he sprays water down there to wash any remaining sludge/paper clear.
                              does this sound right to you?

Thankyou again sir.

Comment

Working...
                              X