X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my jetter line really stuck today

I hate storm drains! I had some storm drains I did today, snaked them first to make it drain, then jetted them to the opening on the street side, then since I never get the chance to go backwards toward the house I thought it would be good practice
    Since all that was left was lots of mud and sand I used my flusher nozzle for this it is around 1" wide, well it got stuck big time. Sent in my camera to see, god I am lucky to have these modern tools. Found a seperation in the line and the nozzle just dove right into the gap. Tried figure eights with the hose and saw it moving around but would not free up, so I sent in my snake with an arrow bit now I have my jetter line,my camera line, and my 3/4 snake cable all in there! Well I got lucky with reverse and forward at the spot popped the jetter nozzle up and out and pulled all 3 out!
    Would have been tough without the camera.
    Seattle Drain Service

Re: Got my jetter line really stuck today

You must be living right

With my luck all three would have gotton stuck

What kind of pipe?

Comment

Pipe was 6" concrete I was using 1/2 hose but it might have helped to have larger hose.
      Seattle Drain Service

Comment

That is seriously impressive. I have got a jetter stuck before, but I never managed to get it unstuck with a camera and cable machine!!!

Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

i got stuck a couple months ago with my 1/2'' warthog.

as far as i new it was a straight shot in 6'' styrene (junk) and had to use my truck to pull it out with a sling.

fortunately i got my warthog and hose back without damage

i've learned a couple times that storm drains are never maintained here and styrene pipe and fittings are an accident waiting to happen.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

I have a warthog on a 3000 psi line stuck about 50' into an 8" corrugated metal storm line. I tried to get it out but am afraid to damage line and/or equipment. How did you get yours out?

Comment

i suggest you run a camera to see what you're stuck on. you might be hung up on an edge or outside the joint.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

this must be the day for stuck jetters!!!! my 3/8 hose out a round 140 feet in a sanitary sewer with my new warthog!!!!!going to camera it weds and see if i can free it up also. digging up the line is out, its in the parkway-street in chicago.. any ideas let me know....thanks ray

Comment

ray, what's the material and pipe size?

you will know much better when you video the line.

any chance of putting it up on ridgid connect or youtube

go easy on pulling until you see what's causing It to be stuck.

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

Its six inch clay tile,I'm going to camera it today if it stops raining. ..

.ray

Comment

Concrete pipes are standard here in Spain, they tend get a wide longitudinal crack along the bottom after about 50 years as they start to disintegrate, a real Warthog trap. What worries me is my new Warthog WS 1/2 J with a flexible joint where it joins the hose wants to bury its nose and dive into each and every one of these cracks. I've just paid out well over 1000 dollars for it and I am afraid I am going to have to order another warthog without a joint. Has anyone tried a warthog centralizer ? It could just help but I'm afraid it may jam even more in these deteriorated pipes.
                      I've just got the new 1/4 warthog, I'm having it drilled out to match my machine, I can't wait to try it out.

Comment

the centralizer will only work on 6'' and larger openings.

i have the standard 1/2'' and 3/8'' warthog.

give us a review of the 1/4''.

have you tried out a root ranger. less money and more impact than the warthog.

rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                          the centralizer will only work on 6'' and larger openings.

i have the standard 1/2'' and 3/8'' warthog.

give us a review of the 1/4''.

have you tried out a root ranger. less money and more impact than the warthog.

rick.
                          But a little more technique required... both great nozzles.

I'm interested in hearing a real world write up of the 1/4" as well... I understood it to be a non-controlled rotation, unlike their larger nozzles, which kind of soured me on it. Let us know.

As to the diving into cracks, I get that with cast iron rotted out on the bottom. I've lost a few nozzles that way. Here, such a line generally will be required to be repaired, so I've usually got my equipment back eventually.

When it happens, I can often pick it up out of the crack with a snake cable by watching what I'm doing with a camera and get it back. It is a problem for me as well, but not as common as it souns like it is for you.
                          This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

I love that when the hose appears to make a hard 90 in the pipe and disappears. Thats the worst feeling in the world when those things pulse ahead real slow and you pull and pull and then you know your stuck. I plan on digging out once a year. The last one I got stuck was in a manure line on a slurry store. The farmer called in a crane to pull the hose out. I was thinking I should have have gotten some pics. It was pretty heated at the time, photo opt would have been in poor taste.

Weekend was busy. How can people say they have 24 hr service when their drunk or out of town. Things are slow here.Seems more guys doing service and installing septics than ever before. I have read on the forum before that complaining about it makes the phone ring.

Comment

finally(22 days) got my jetter hose and warthog head out of the sewer.city of chicago water crew dug up the parkway to repair the broken sewer line.only bad thing is that iam going to lose about 150 feet of 3/8 hose.could have been worse....

Comment

Working...
                              X