X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slippery when wet

today i did my annual jetting job at a 28 unit building i've worked for the past 6 years.

this is a 3 story building with 9 on a floor above the parking garage and 1 on the ground floor.

a combination of 2'',3'' and 4'' end of line clean outs. the garage floor is polished concrete built in the early 70's.

jetting and waste water make for a real slippery situation as all the clean outs are overhead. even though all the waste and sludge divert into a 45 gallon brute trash can on wheels. there is alway some splashing. just look at my tyvex overalls

also there are roots in the main to the alley at 64'-67'. along with baby wipes

the jetter pictured is an 18h.p. 3500#, 5.6 gpm.

good rule of thumb is psi x gpm / 1100= gas engine hp.

3500# x 5.6gpm =19600/1100= 17.81h.p.

so if you want to get into jetting, be prepared to get dirty.

don't worry, you can buy lots of soap when you finish

rick.

Attached Files
    phoebe it is

Re: Slippery when wet

Why is the K-60 there, if it was a jetting job? Did you get the roots out with the jetter or a cable?
    Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

jetted the waste lines as a preventative and snaked the underground main as per my video from 2 years ago.

the root ranger would have been a good call on the roots. but i don't own 1 yet with the prior video, i can home in on the roots and knock them out.

this job was too small for my big trailer jetter. too many gpm on 2-4'' and you flood out the units above the garage.

sizing a jetter is like sizing a cable and machine.

i use 4 different jetters depending on the job.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

What are you waiting for on the root ranger? Are you dropping hints for Joey? What brand of jetter is that? How long did the entire job take?
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

rick,

did you get any on your teeth?

Vince

Comment

Plumber Rick,are you making one pass pulling backthe buildup in the waste lines? (under Pressue) Or are you jetting foward and pulling back with no pressue,thus making 6 passes on each line? How many C/o's are there?Good Looking Rig. Coveralls are history.-------Did you use the 3.5 Spiral attachtment?
            Kenneth Collier
            Maintenance and Sewer

P.O. Box 9441
            Jackson, MS 39206
            (601) 613-2678 (Cell)
            drainman881999@yahoo.com

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
              What are you waiting for on the root ranger? Are you dropping hints for Joey?
              I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by Vince the Plumber View Post
                rick,

did you get any on your teeth?

Vince
                on my teeth, in my mouth and in my eyes.

i've been sick in the past and i can use the 20# weight loss. but not the 2 weeks of the .

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by drainman881999 View Post
                  Plumber Rick,are you making one pass pulling backthe buildup in the waste lines?

i make multiple passes. really depends on the amount of changes of directions that will allow me to pull back under pressure. if i can't pull back under pressure i will just shut it off, till i can.

i monitor the waste water in my "brute 45 gallon can" you can feel the sludge and see it too. it comes shooting back through my 2'' by pass pipes into the can.

the can has a 1.5'' drain about 6'' above the bottom to allow the sludge to settle and the waste water to drain. i drain it back into the sewer and dispose of the sludge.

(under Pressue) Or are you jetting foward and pulling back with no pressue,thus making 6 passes on each line? How many C/o's are there?Good Looking Rig. Coveralls are history.-------Did you use the 3.5 Spiral attachtment?
                  the coverall are disposable tyvex and have both booties and a hood. i don't use the hood as it's to much of heat trap.

the cutter of choice is always a 3.5'' spiral root saw and followed up with a 4'' x 3'' offset pear cutter. this is the one i have to custom fit into the k-60 blade holder.

ben does the same and renee has a sample

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                  X