X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 78' trenchless area drain

tool, the puller breaks down into 4 frame frame assemblies, a pulley and cage, a chain block assy. and the 2 pistons and a couple quick disconnect hoses.

it only takes a couple minutes to assemble it in the ditch and a couple to remove.

i'm thinking of building a front resistance plate out of aluminum. this will shore the front of the ditch up to prevent the machine from sucking into the wall of the ditch.

i'm not sure what alloy to use or thickness.

i do have a good lead on 7075t651 aluminum alloy. 1.5'' thick approx 18# per square foot. i was thinking 2' x 4'.

or go cheap and laminate some 1 1/8'' thick plywood sub flooring into 4 pieces thick. (1 sheet).

rick.
    Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 10-26-2008, 11:44 PM.
    phoebe it is

Comment

The Allum. would be expensive! Ply would do the job
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

hi rick,
        what's the pulling speed on this? slightly less than walking speed, or, like, 1 mph? I imagine load will affect speed. thanks.

Comment

i / joey likes to run the pump at less than full throttle.

it gives joey plenty of time to react to noise, and pressure surges.

2' a minute is pretty average. the 30' long pistons need to cycle up and back down to pull about 2' . the chain will not grab every ling, but every other link as it's aligned.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
          X