X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 49.99 drain cleaning

ok i fould 2 diffent web sites that say they will clear drain for 49.99, what do you think this is a dispatch fee? or what

www.a4995.com

4999sewer.com

Re: 49.99 drain cleaning

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...ighlight=49.99
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

That reminds me....I found this blowing in the breeze on my door the other day. After a quick drive around the neighborhood, I saw more. Obviously, these guys are looking for digups. 39 bucks for a drain and 59 for a sewer cleaning??? PALEEZ. Notice the trenchless equipment and jetter. You can't buy that stuff with $59 cleanings.

I noticed someone getting their sewer dug up the other day down the street. Don't know if it was these guys, but I'm gonna be keeping an eye out.

"LOW LOW PRICES" That just kills me
      Attached Files

Comment

There was an article on them in a recent Pumper and Cleaner magazine. The main office is in NYC and he was looking to franchise. He bragged his guys can be in and out of a call in 15 minutes.

Comment

Still doesnt beat the guy who was advertising drain cleans from $20 in the local paper he lasted a week or so with his adds.
          I was thinking of getting him to do all my calls HAHA.

Comment

There's a company here in the local pennysaver that has been advertising $7 drains for years. I called once and asked what I get for 7 bucks. He says they hit it with a plunger first.
            If that doesn't get it, then the price goes up and they step up to a "mechanical" snake and "work" on it by the hr. If that doesn't get it (which I'm sure is 99% of the time), then it's time to talk about replacement. These scumbags are everywhere.

Comment

In 1961 we charged 12.50 the next year we went up to 18.50 on a main line.and kept the bills paid until gas shot up to .25 a gallon. Most cleaners in the next county brag they will clean a drain for $1200.00 and show up with a backhoe. I don't get that much but I still think I charge to much I think we all do during slow times. But I have the best equipment money can buy, I have the experience to get the job done and make it last longer. I tried dropping my price I didn't get near as meany jobs and didn't get paid for the ones I did. All the low price gets you is calls from people who don't intend to pay, they know you wont take them to court for anything under a hundred or so. So Ill never try that again for a long time after that when I sent a bill they would call and say I heard that you didn't charge near that much. Well I guess We all got a right to be stupid once. Charge what you got to, someone who charges less might have to do three times as meany jobs to get the same profit do to ware and tear on equipment and over head. I think we can all do that.

Comment

Second drain half price? So, $19.50? These jokers deserve whatever they get. Good grief, I can't get tarps laid out to protect the floors and picked back up in fifteen minutes.

I guess drains with roots are a loss-leader?

"Bait and Switch" is alive and well.

Comment

Working...
                X