X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mini question

Looking to expand more into drain work. Have a Marco with 100' of 5/8" and a k-39. Looking at mini seesnake with scout locator and a k-60. Do residential only. Will the mini be best? My concern is being able to push it with the lighter rod any comments from owners of the mini? wish you would have gone with the Seesnake?

Work has slowed, I believe there is money out there but people are freaked out. Folks my hold out on the remodels but when the drain stops they need it cleared.

Any other suggestions on equipment or otherwise are welcome. Thanks!

wookie

Re: Mini question

wookie, i would stick with the full/ seesnake plus. the mini is limited to typically 4''-1.5'' and the plus is good for 2''- 6''+

the stiffness of the pushrod is important too.

i have both and the plus gets 90% of the work.

the scout is a very good choice and so is the k-60

what would you expect out of me

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

What Rick said lol
      If cash is tight you could get by with the mini but if you can get the fullsize and it's not about the length (no jokes) it's the push rod size it will make it in tough drains but the mini will get stopped in 4" pipe after some bends then you bring it in soap it up run water use a guide etc etc to get it out but you push on it too much and bam you just kinked your line because you bought the small unit. Scary enough with the fullsize as it is.
      Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Wookie, I had 9 "modified" Marco sewer machines at my shop and although there are a whole bunch of people on this forum that will laugh at them, I can count only a handful of lines that we could not open. Our specialty was getting the stuck Gorlitz cables out of sewers. There's a whole pile of reasons I liked my Marco's but I won't get into that tonight. What I will ask you is if your machine is old or new, does it have an open cage, can it accept a 3/4'' cable and what type of "jaw" or feed assembly does it have? When I mentioned "modified" earlier it's because the smaller 5/8 machines as well as any of the newer models are worthless and will get you into nothing but trouble. If you want to spend some money (providing you have the right machine) I can almost guarantee good results. If you don't have the right machine, then save it for the kitchen stoppages that have really long lines and an exterior clean outs. Don't snake sewers or area drain lines with it. Instead, go get yourself a k-60, Iv'e seen them in action and they are impressive. If you have any questions you can always contact me, I have redesigned Marco machine's in so many different ways that most of their flaws have been eliminated. Good luck!

Comment

Rookie, you know all Rick heard was blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah k-60 blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
          I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Thanks,

Rookie: it's a older unit I bought used ME-90/LT-90 type I think with a gorlitz 5/8" cable It is self feed but don't know what type, enclosed drum.

The larger Seesnake sounds like the ticket.

wookie

Comment

[quote=rookie plumber;184696]Wookie, I had a 9" modified Marco sewer machine at my shop and although there are a whole bunch of people on this forum that will laugh at them.

laugh that's impressive

Instead, go get yourself a k-60, Iv'e seen them in action and they are impressive. quote]

impressive no.

impressonator

rookie, welcome to the ridgid forum

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Is the self leveling worth getting, I've been told it can be problematic??

Thanks, wookie

Comment

Originally posted by wookie View Post
                  Is the self leveling worth getting, I've been told it can be problematic??

Thanks, wookie
                  of all the cameras i have. non are self leveling.

running a little water will keep the lens clean and the picture in proper alignment. plus it will show bellies.

save the money on a self leveler and buy a good locater

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

Sounds like Plumber Rick does not like my drum machine.............. Thanks for the welcome though.

Comment

K-60 ! K-60!

Wookie, let me know if you would like me to send you literature on these products. Just send me a private message with your address.
                      Renee

Product Manager

RIDGID Drain Cleaning

Comment

Originally posted by Renee View Post
                        K-60 ! K-60!

Wookie, let me know if you would like me to send you literature on these products. Just send me a private message with your address.
                        renee, all good minds think alike

rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

Thanks for the offer Renee, with this forum and Plumber Rick I'll be able to get all the info I need.

wookie

Comment

What size pipe and how far do you expect to be inspecting?
                            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Working...
                            X