X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Tale of Two Drains and Two Snakes

Today I did 2 drain jobs with 2 different snakes because of the jobs.
    1st job 4 unit apartment building clean outs located in crawler that was 3' tall at the opening and 8" less going under the beams. A real crawl space lol.
    The first clean out was located about 20' in perfect job for the k-60 because of the low height. Drug it all in there took about 1 hour to clear the line (roots and white mice) Yes I could have removed a toilet and used the drum but in this run down place it would of just opened up a bunch for problems.
    K60 was perfect to use due to it's size.

2nd job
    100 year old house in city 75 ft to the sewer clean out inside garage level entry to get in. Rolled up with the Maxi rooter sat down on my bucket and put in forward grind grind grind whoosh, hit reverse on the feed pulled it in cut off the roots, ran it back out then back in a few more roots, got off my bucket, wheeled it back to the trailer, wrote the bill got paid and left.
    Easy as it should be, damm I like sitting on that bucket making money!

2 different jobs 2 different snakes.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Cuda; 10-29-2008, 01:17 AM. Reason: adding a pic
    Seattle Drain Service

Re: A Tale of Two Drains and Two Snakes

nice photo cuda.

careful how you post, you are sounding like dunbar and allclear

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

I know the whole bucket thing lmao.
      Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Nice job Cuda. What did you use for a tip on the second job?

Comment

Thanks Cuda , My son in law is in Duval Wash. Earth.heat.com . They got outa plumbing to do Geo. What You experience in the Wash winters, is tougher than most! WET CRAWLERS.
          I'm dryer here but use 2 plastic snow sleds with pull ropes in crawlers. One for tools
          one for My back,to keep dry! PS nice You still have a Salmon season, Calif. doesn't !
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by HighlandS&D View Post
            Nice job Cuda. What did you use for a tip on the second job?
            I usually use the arrow bit first to get it draining and to prove it is possible to get thru, then I use the root saw most times, but I did this house 2 years ago and knew the line so I just went with the root saw.
            Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
              Thanks Cuda , My son in law is in Duval Wash. Earth.heat.com . They got outa plumbing to do Geo. What You experience in the Wash winters, is tougher than most! WET CRAWLERS.
              I'm dryer here but use 2 plastic snow sleds with pull ropes in crawlers. One for tools
              one for My back,to keep dry! PS nice You still have a Salmon season, Calif. doesn't !
              I don't mind the winters here just stops me from riding my motorcyle

The crawler in the picture was a lake because all the low life tenants let there lower toilets over flow for a few days because they are scared to call the problem in , they where using the upstairs toilets and all the water was just flowing into the crawler yuck
              Seattle Drain Service

Comment

A few times over the years I had three or four machines set up at the same time at the same house the home owner would ask how meany workers are here. Just me but every drain took a deferent machine but after I clear out all the side drains I like to rerun the main line so it wont stop up again. I had a lot of customers who wanted every drain in the house cleaned when they found out it would cost extra to do more then one and more if I had to use a deferent machine. They usually said they thought I would charge for just the one. 5 hours the same as 1 hum I wish my mechanic would do that.

Comment

often overlooked problem with a main drain stoppage is the other branches getting clogged also needing to be snaked themselfs. Most people call right away but some don't and all the other drains can get reversed plugged also.
                  Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Cuda, we need to start a club of guys who use BOTH drums and sectionals. These guys who only use one or another are simply limiting themselves!
                    Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

How'd the k60 do with no guide hose over the plastic? Did the cable wrap up in the plastic
                      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
                        Cuda, we need to start a club of guys who use BOTH drums and sectionals. These guys who only use one or another are simply limiting themselves!
                        Hummmmm..... I don't feel limited
                        http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                          How'd the k60 do with no guide hose over the plastic? Did the cable wrap up in the plastic
                          I use a piece of 2" ABS with a weight on it like my ridgid radio or even the cable carrier. First time I used it though I remember getting all rolled up in bushes lol
                          Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Working...
                          X