X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drum machines and mush

I switched to a drum machine after 30 years of sectionals when I hit mush that had to be worked up with water to get it to move with the sectional I just let the machine run and it would auger the mush out, but with the drum machine with its tight wined it wont move the mush with the bulb or paddle I have to use an adapter to hook a few sections of sectional cables on the end with an adapter to get that mush to move. I know I could take out the drum machine and use a jeter but that would take more time then putting on a few cables. What do you use on your drum when you hit that mush? I use a 7500 and carry a 1500 for a spare but it is getting harder and harder to find enough room to set up the 1500 with everyone finishing out there basements with computers and bars and such, the 7500 gets cramped some times.

Re: drum machines and mush

My 4 blade cutter works pretty well on mush, but if it's real bad I just use one of my jetters. My small unit a 13hp gas is not to hard to carry or set up with no reserve tank etc. But my trailer jetter makes quick work of the job because of the GPM thing really gets it flowin. But I guess it's the amount of mush are we talkin a 10ft section or 100ft of of mush! I have done both.
    Seattle Drain Service

Comment

once i know it's mush and the proper distance to clean. i let the cable and 4 blade cutter do the work with enough water to help rinse.

the k-60/ 7/8'' is plenty.

sure the jetter will do, but like you said, the snake is already there and the jetter will be a mess unless you can go reverse/ upstream.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
        once i know it's mush and the proper distance to clean. i let the cable and 4 blade cutter do the work with enough water to help rinse.

the k-60/ 7/8'' is plenty.

sure the jetter will do, but like you said, the snake is already there and the jetter will be a mess unless you can go reverse/ upstream.

rick.
        Me too. K-60, 4-blade-cutter, and some water...works like a charm!
        Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Never tried this but gorlitz sells cutter heads that have a short cable coming out of the blades and another blade is attatched to them. So to make sense of what i said; drum cable-blade-short cable leader-blade to however many blades you want to attach. This way the cable would have 2 or 3 blades staggered at it's end for increased blender action. Maybe a possibilty?

Or just tie a rag on the end of the cable.
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

This is what I use on the Mush

and this with an adapter I made to fit my Ridgid cable.

I oredered a Ridgid bulb auger but it was kinda a joke when it got here. Ridgid should take note on the one posted up above
            http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

How big is that bulb auger?
              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

about 3" or so

Comment

Welcome back, All Clear

Comment

Originally posted by Woussko View Post
                    Welcome back, All Clear

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                      Never tried this but gorlitz sells cutter heads that have a short cable coming out of the blades and another blade is attatched to them. So to make sense of what i said; drum cable-blade-short cable leader-blade to however many blades you want to attach. This way the cable would have 2 or 3 blades staggered at it's end for increased blender action. Maybe a possibilty?

Or just tie a rag on the end of the cable.
                      I've heard this a few times from different people here.

Does this really work?

What if it falls off?

That Gorlitz head sound like a midevil torture device. What if it hangs up on a stiff root?

Comment

Working...
                      X