X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: another "CANT FIX STUPID"

all clear... is anyone right yet? ya got me interested.

Comment

Sorry, had a water service to install tonight and finish up in the dark....errrrr

You know, it`s been broke for a week and we were hoping it would heal it`s self but it didn't so we need you Now kinda thing on firday....

OK,
      The first thing that came to my mind being how they said they pay for city sewer was that the shed was setting on top of the city manhole
      I walked for 300` each direction and couldn't find a manhole. I asked em one more time "are you sure you pay for city sewer?" their reply was "YES"
      I said ok I believe you set your shed on top of the cities manhole and their sewer is plugged causing your`s to back up.

Moved the shed and the wood and BINGO!!!!! Manhole

Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 10-31-2008, 10:18 PM.
      http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Good pictures,did they not like the manhole in their yard,or just forgot about it.About two months ago,I had to get a welder to cut out a 1/4" steel plate that was placed over the manhole,then the manhole top /lid on top of this then the concrete over the steel plate(did not cover the manhole top).She didn't want any run-off on her new driveway.I stood across the street,behind my pickup.
        Kenneth Collier
        Maintenance and Sewer

P.O. Box 9441
        Jackson, MS 39206
        (601) 613-2678 (Cell)
        drainman881999@yahoo.com

Comment

Originally posted by service guy View Post
          we posted 'manhole' at the same time! Great minds think alike. Hopefully we are right.
          we where.
          Kenneth Collier
          Maintenance and Sewer

P.O. Box 9441
          Jackson, MS 39206
          (601) 613-2678 (Cell)
          drainman881999@yahoo.com

Comment

Originally posted by drainman881999 View Post
            we where.
            Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

My dad and me were drilling a drain in the middle of town the house was an older house when we got hung big time. We got a plumber in there to dig out the line and we found we were raped up in an old septic tank. When they tied on to city sewer they just hooked up to the discharge line and left the tank.

Comment

Was second company on a job. House was tied into sewer 20 years preiviously when they ran the main out that far. Inspected, signed tap fee paid etc. Paid sewer fee for 20 years. Told them they were on a tank and never tied in. ALL INVOLVED told me or at least looked at me like I was an idiot. Too backed up to see anything with camera, but I knew I was in a tank. Dug it up. They had even saddled the main, but left it all hooked to the tank.

Second stumper

Large building, retail/bar restaraunt on first floor, condos above. One seldom used bathroom acting up. Unable to clear. Eventually find out when built, they abandoned the first main line they put in for the building and put in another. This bathroom got forgotten and was left tied into the original abandoned line. worked for about 5 years using about 40' of 8" (if i remember right) under the slab for a tank and the backfill for a leachfield.
                This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

I have a hard time with jobs like this because here we have manholes on city sewers on city property, but never in someone's yard. They are in the middle of streets and in alleys but there are no manholes on the line going to the customer. And the customer is responsible for the tap and everything hooked to it. The tap is almost always concrete which is cut at a 45 degree angle and cemented onto the main above the invert and must be done by a licensed plumber, but is then inspected by the city. (Usually by some kid who's working for the summer and just got out of high school.)

Only once have I had to saddle a PVC main in a new development. The mains here are mostly concrete although some are ancient clay.

Comment

Just because its in the stree doesn't mean some fool can't pave over it! I've spent a few long nights hunting with a metal detector because someone has either paved over a manhole, or if its on private property someone loomed and sodded over it!

Comment

Berkeley, CA / 6 unit apartment building
                      Floor drain at the base of one of the buildings backs up. Was suspicious because it happened several weeks after city relined the sewer main in the street. After several hours snaking the drain it was decided it was the city's problem. I find out the building next door used to share the lateral when they had the same owner. When the building was sold they got separate laterals. It turns out the city's contractor connected the abandoned common lateral rather than the dedicated one.

Dave

Comment

Working...
                      X