1" 1/2" trap

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1" 1/2" trap

i tried to clear a tub drain today my k-380 was all i had on my truck i couldn't get any of my heads past the trap i ended up cutting out some of the galvanized pipe (its a good thing i went in the crawl the drain pipe was eaten through in 2 spots) my question though is there a head that will make it through a 1"1/2" trap?
    Last edited by haycad; 11-04-2008, 04:36 PM. Reason: mispelling
    Mike
    Clark County Plumbing And Drain
    www.plumbinginclarkcounty.com

Re: 1" 1/2" trap

If it's one of those old cast traps, they sure had a very tight bend. In a case like that, it might just be better to replace with the longer plastic trap or equivalent in C.I.

Comment

You think getting through a 1 1/2" trap is hard then you should try our drum traps. Here all shower/tubs are piped with them, so if you don't get the clog in the first foot or so you have to search for the access door that almost never exists. Then its time to crawl,bust open wall,or bust open ceiling.
      INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
      Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Haycad , are You talking 3/8" or 1/2" cable ?? No top Gun??
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

I use a top snake for bathtub drains 1/4" or 5/16 hard enough on cast with these size cables.
          Seattle Drain Service

Comment

for most tub/shower drains i use the K-39. it'll make the bends, grab the crud (hair, sludge, etc) and retrieve pretty easy.

sometimes the 5/8 will work but i start with the 39. usually in and out

steve
            In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
              Haycad , are You talking 3/8" or 1/2" cable ?? No top Gun??
              3/8" on the k-380 i've used the auto spin before but the cable lasts about two cleanings and its shot
              Mike
              Clark County Plumbing And Drain
              www.plumbinginclarkcounty.com

Comment

Mytana makes a 1/4" cable with threads to put on the end of 3/8 cable male threads.I run with the K39.Works well on lav lines too.No pulling the trap.Just pull out the pop up and go!Of course even then there are lines with toothpaste caps and weird stuff and you have to chase down with 3/8 cable and a good cutter.

Comment

I used the Super Vee on a tub last week - before starting I pulled out the 3/8" cable and put in the 1/4". Quick and easy. Dayum, but those General cables are nice.

Comment

Working...
                  X