X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drum traps

Remember them back East. Are they still used in NEW plumb jobs, somewhere?

Was there a certain decade they fell out of favor ?
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: Drum traps

I see them all the friggin' time. Most of my work is is not in new homes but I'm sure as slow as we are to change around here they are still the preferred contraption.

I'd like to know why they were ever used in the first place. Whats the advantage over a normal trap?
    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Re: Drum traps WAKE UP N.H MASTER

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
      I see them all the friggin' time. Most of my work is is not in new homes but I'm sure as slow as we are to change around here they are still the preferred contraption.

I'd like to know why they were ever used in the first place. Whats the advantage over a normal trap?
      Where's Your neighbor when We need Him ?? Cow Hampshire Master, He'll know!
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
        Where's Your neighbor when We need Him ?? Cow Hampshire Master, He'll know!
        He's probably in the bath room . His state and mine just gave it to "the Messiah"
        INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
        Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

His state and mine just gave it to "the Messiah"
          finally some sanity

steve
          In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

He's probably in the bath room . His state and mine just gave it to "the Messiah"
            Thats whats projected anyway, so it could change

Comment

I'm beyond sick, SCARED FOR My Grand kids !

Comment

Whats with the Virgin Islands anyway Stxus.
                The way I understand it is, you are under control (so to speak) of the United States, yet you don't get to vote. Am I correct, or way off base?

Sorry Tool. A bit off topic.

Comment

I'm beyond sick, SCARED FOR My Grand kids !

I just discussed this with a friend today. I never thought I'd agree but he was right when he said "I wish it was Hillary he going against".
                  I may buy a shot gun in the morning just in case. That is if we are still allowed to own fire arms tomorrow.

Comment

X MARINE ,MY HOME IS THE COMPOUND! ALWAYS ARMED! Wife shoots also

Comment

The theory was that it had a deeper seal than a regular ptrap which would lead to less trap loss due to evaporation or capillary action. The reality is that they become miniture cesspools and clog up easier due to reduced velocity.
                      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                        The theory was that it had a deeper seal than a regular ptrap which would lead to less trap loss due to evaporation or capillary action. The reality is that they become miniture cesspools and clog up easier due to reduced velocity.
                        I learn something new everyday! Thanks Ben.
                        Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

When bath taking was a once a week affair they were thought to be needed, now when people bath some times 2 or more times in a day, it is now no longer considered a need, to have a trap that will retain a seal for a month or more at a time. That is the explanation I have always been told.
                          Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                          "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
                          attributed to Samuel Johnson
                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                          PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Thanks Gear and Bhd,
                            I've always wondered what the "advantage" was as I figured it certainly had NOTHING to do with ease of maintenance.

Comment

Remember them back East. Are they still used in NEW plumb jobs, somewhere?

Was there a certain decade they fell out of favor ?
                              Not just back East, we have them in KC as well.
                              God Bless You Super Good!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X