X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recession affecting business yet?

Just wondering how is everyone is faring with the recession.
    My phone calls have dropped dramatically the last week or so and alot of plumbers are telling me the same thing.
    Regards
    Greg

Re: Recession affecting business yet?

it's a funny thing.

last week was very very good.

this week is on line with the best week ever. tomorrow may put me at the best week ever and anything beyond that could be gravy.

when $hit doesn't happen, i get the call

steve
    In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

One good thing about drain cleaning is, it's almost recession proof. When they have $hit and water backing up, they'll find the money!

I have noticed some of my "just want to camera to be on the safe side" sales dropping.
      INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
      Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Not me. October was a blockbuster record-shattering month. And November started out well, I did ELEVEN service calls in the past two days alone!!! That's a lot for me, as I try to do higher $ tickets and less calls per day usually. Lately though I am just trying to keep up with the amount of calls!
        Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

one thing you cant live with-out is plumbing these days
          http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
            one thing you cant live with-out is plumbing these days
            Amen, my drain brother! One of the reasons I got into service-plumbing over a decade ago...its virtually recession-proof.
            Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Its interesting as we had/have a booming housing market in Australia.
              We give nearly $40000 in incentives to build a new home from goverment in our states.
              In my area of Ballarat Victoria has only approx 80000 people in it now a lot of the plumbers building new homes are drifting back in to maintenance/drain cleaning.
              As I have been only going nearly 2 years and I am a little fish in the drain cleaning ocean I havent really built a large plumbing base just yet.
              Regards
              greg
              Regards
              Greg

Comment

I believe Service Guy was singing the same song as you aprox one month ago, I'm sure he's a good plumber (work ethic) and treats his customers fairly, that's why he's busy. Keep your head screwed on and keep your customers best interest in mind and they will beat a path to your door. Remember, they can't live without us.

Comment

Originally posted by Aussie Plumber Greg View Post
                  Its interesting as we had/have a booming housing market in Australia.
                  We give nearly $40000 in incentives to build a new home from goverment in our states.
                  In my area of Ballarat Victoria has only approx 80000 people in it now a lot of the plumbers building new homes are drifting back in to maintenance/drain cleaning.
                  As I have been only going nearly 2 years and I am a little fish in the drain cleaning ocean I havent really built a large plumbing base just yet.
                  Regards
                  greg
                  Regards
                  Greg
                  I`m sorry to hear your feeling the pinch Greg I have been through it in the seventies when I just started out and then again after the 1987 stock market crash but luckly now I have a large clientel built up over thirty five years in business, and I`m sorry without this you are going to have to sharpen your pencil and have something that makes you stand out from the cowboys that are going to decend on your patch from the falling new house market and under cut you just to get the work and wont be around guarantee their work which will be crap, it is going to get a lot worse in Australia as peoples confidence has gone and is vary hard to get back and will that time.

Tony

Comment

Thanks for all comments.
                    Regards
                    Greg

Comment

Working...
                    X