Dual sink vanities...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual sink vanities...

I hate them. Seperate trap arms disappearing in the wall, tieing into a combo wye with 1/8 bends somewhere. You never really know when you're going down the drain until you hit the opposite trap then have to start over again and again and again. I've given up on drop heads. I break them just by holding them in my hands and doing that sensitivity thing, by trying to "feel" the 90 degree drop pushes my patients to the max. Just venting cause I've had to do a number of these this week, with 3 successes and one that I just couldn't get to drop. I ended up going through the wall, cuting into the vent and cleaning the easy way. I would have roofed it but it was a two story with a steep pitch.

Do you have the same beef? and how do you handle these critters?

Thanks for listening!

Re: Dual sink vanities...

have you read about my string method??

Vince

Comment

What are you using for cable and ends?

Comment

Originally posted by Vince the Plumber View Post

Vince
        Is that the same one I got in Japan,in the Corps ??
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Vanities

Originally posted by Vince the Plumber View Post

Vince
          No. Please tell me more or give me a link. I use a string for the camera to make a tuff first bend. Thanks.

I just use a whip end, that I bend to fit the need. No blade.

Comment

I jet most everything except tubs, and most all sinks, so I can't really comment on getting a cable to make the drop in a sink line, but I doubt it's much different than with a hose or a cable in back to back tubs or toilets.

I have a nozzle just for this, a solid brass ball. The weight of it helps it go down and not across. It is a feel and patience thing. Just accept it; it will get less difficult once you accept that it will take some time.

Most frustrating one I ever did was back to back kitchen sinks 15'-20' and 4 bends before the drop. Had to camera from the other side and watch the jetter into the hole. Most embarassing one was a double vanity; I hit the drop right off and was all proud, put it back together and still plugged up tight. The clog was two clogs, a wad of hair and gunk under each pop-up. Never assume.
            This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

We have had the same problem working in condo units that have back to back sinks in separate units that are tied together with a Tee so its a pain to get it to drop in. We have bent the end of a cable and push it in by hand trying to feel the bottom of the Tee as you get to it, then hope it falls in. Its not a quick job by any means.

Comment

Re: Vanities

Originally posted by JeffH View Post
                No. Please tell me more or give me a link. I use a string for the camera to make a tuff first bend. Thanks.

I just use a whip end, that I bend to fit the need. No blade.
                exactly jeffh.

i use it when i thaw frozen fixture drains with a thaw tube.

it can also be used with drain cleaning tools. all you have to do it un-tangle the string when you pull the tool out of the drain.

just tie a string to the end of the cable and when you think your at the fitting you want to negotiate, pull the string while pushing the tool.

works for me.

Vince

you can re-use the string if you feel the need

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                  Is that the same one I got in Japan,in the Corps ??
                  i.....i.....i don't know.

please enlighten me.

Vince

Comment

Working...
                  X