X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cant explain

Have you ever had customers that could under stand why a floor drain trop had water in it ? if I have the drain open shouldn't the water not be setting there. Or why am I going through the main line clean out when the water is backed up in the floor and the upstairs toilet is working fine.why I go down with a smaller cutter first instead of the last cutter that is as big as the drain that I put down last?. Or tell your customer there is roots in the line at 50 FT. and they don't under stand what is wrong after you talk to them for an hour and draw them a picture and talk on the phone 3 or 4 times for an hour. If the customer is there watching I explain everything I am doing and why if they are not I tell them everything I did and what the clog was before I leave. I have been drilling drains when a plumber shows up and asks what the problem is the home owner called him in a panic saying the drain wasn't opening up after I run 25 FT. down I tell them I was having no problem and don't know why they called, by the time they get there the drain is open.Most of my customers I have no problems but when I do it can be quiet a challenge to do the job right. Sometimes I have to tell them I would rather lose the job then to do a bad job. A good reputation is one of the hardest things to get and one of the easiest things to lose after that they will let me go ahead and do my job but when the drain opens up they still cant see how I got it open. Customers you got to love them.

Re: Cant explain

I told a customer yesterday that the screws had fallen out on the bottom of his faucet, which explained why the body was loose on the plate. He belligerently replied, "I looked under the sink and I didn't see any screws!"

Comment

Ahhhh if I had a nickle for every time I have had a h.o. point at the floor drain,surrounded by poop and t.p. and insist,"the last time that's where the guy cleaned it from!"

Comment

i had a lady yesterday tell me the last time she had @#$% rooter come out they snake her tub through the tub spout.
        Mike
        Clark County Plumbing And Drain
        www.plumbinginclarkcounty.com

Comment

Originally posted by haycad View Post
          i had a lady yesterday tell me the last time she had @#$% rooter come out they snake her tub through the tub spout.
          Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Originally posted by haycad View Post
            And when they finished water came out the overflow lol
            Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Customer: "I don't know why it's leaking all over the place. I'm quite sure the instructions said to put pour the Draino into the tank and wait 12 hours before flushing"

Comment

I have had customers get irate when you tell them that there are tree roots in the drain and they immediately start blaming the neighbors trees, like there trees don't have roots.

Simon

Comment

Originally posted by gtmerkley View Post
                  Have you ever had customers that could under stand why a floor drain trop had water in it ? if I have the drain open shouldn't the water not be setting there. Or why am I going through the main line clean out when the water is backed up in the floor and the upstairs toilet is working fine.why I go down with a smaller cutter first instead of the last cutter that is as big as the drain that I put down last?. Or tell your customer there is roots in the line at 50 FT. and they don't under stand what is wrong after you talk to them for an hour and draw them a picture and talk on the phone 3 or 4 times for an hour. If the customer is there watching I explain everything I am doing and why if they are not I tell them everything I did and what the clog was before I leave. I have been drilling drains when a plumber shows up and asks what the problem is the home owner called him in a panic saying the drain wasn't opening up after I run 25 FT. down I tell them I was having no problem and don't know why they called, by the time they get there the drain is open.Most of my customers I have no problems but when I do it can be quiet a challenge to do the job right. Sometimes I have to tell them I would rather lose the job then to do a bad job. A good reputation is one of the hardest things to get and one of the easiest things to lose after that they will let me go ahead and do my job but when the drain opens up they still cant see how I got it open. Customers you got to love them.
                  Some folks , just don't deserve You ! I don't work for everyone , do You?
                  I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                    Some folks , just don't deserve You ! I don't work for everyone , do You?
                    I hate to admit it but I do pass some of them off to some cleaner I don't like

Comment

Have you ever tried to explain why you cant flush baby wipes down a toilet. Oh this type you can I do it all the time. I all ready guessed that I just unwrapped fifty of them from my cable. Don't they break up like toilet paper ? they look the same there both white. That is true they are both white but the wipes are made not to break up when wet because they come wet. I never thought of that why I bet that is what stopped the line up.no You really think so. auuuggghhh.

Comment

I have gone to clear kitchen lines,seen the discolored basket strainer AND the empty bottle of Drain Devil and had customers deny they put any chemicals in the line.
                        Or the guy calling at 10:30 on a sunday night with an emergency leak that he has been trying to fix since noon.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay Mpls View Post
                          I have gone to clear kitchen lines,seen the discolored basket strainer AND the empty bottle of Drain Devil and had customers deny they put any chemicals in the line.
                          Or the guy calling at 10:30 on a sunday night with an emergency leak that he has been trying to fix since noon.
                          Yea I get that all the time. Or we been working on it all week and we need it tomorrow for Christmas and it is 10:00 and you know you will not get back and cleaned up before 2:00 and the kids are going to wake you up before day light.

Comment

We had two on Thanksgiving Day a guy called 7am with a main line stoppage. He had the Town Sewer Department out on Wednesday and they told him it was his line not the main. But he calls on Thanksgiving Day. The second was a lady called and said there is water running out of her septic tank cover. She thinks it has been like that for a few weeks, yes a few weeks Good thing the tank was lower than house.

Comment

I never charged an emergency fee. Then I started noticing all the so called emergencies that started last week etc...
                              I now charge a $50 fee for after 5:00 and weekends. If it truly is an emergency I usually waive this fee. I figure if I have to be inconvenienced because the HO can not be inconvenienced then they should be happy to pay for it and some are but most are more then happy to wait till normal business hrs.
                              INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                              Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Working...
                              X