X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some people are just plain dumb

I got called today to an apartment complex I maintain. They said I needed to snake a shower drain. No big I thought jump on it with my K39 be outa there quick. Well I get there the apartment is on the 3rd floor and yea the drains clogged but the woman took a super long shower saw the water not draining and kept on taking the shower! You guessed it flooded the 2 units below hers and the basement! Not a super flood mind you but pretty damm bad. This was a shower stall by the way. Tried snaking it nope just bounced back on me.... I asked did you drop anything in there maybe? She said no I did not! Grabbed my Ridgid 24v cordless shop vac and sucked out the water and a Huge cap to shampoo or something. She watched me the whole time and when that cap came up she said she didn't do it and it had to come from another unit! LOL
    Seattle Drain Service

Re: Some people are just plain dumb

To steal a line from my mom, "so I suppose the friggin' thing just sprouted legs and did it all by it self".
    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

We had two of these recently. The first was a stopped up tub in a apartment building. We go out take up the K39 pull back a wash cloth, the tenant says where did that come from, the response was being that it looks like the rest of the wash cloths you have sitting next to the tub right there. She insistead it was not hers.
      The next was a single family house with a slow master bath shower drain. The plumber called us out because he couldn't get his push snake past something. We take the K400 in with the retriever tip on it. We get to the blockage and get hooked. We pull back the wheel from a lego car. Go back in and pull out few more small pieces. After that we were able to push it to it final resting place. The homeowner had no idea how that got in there. There where no screws holding the grate down and they have three kids.

Comment

The lying I am used too, it was the flooded unit when all she had to do was stop taking the shower that killed me.
        Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Years ago I was called out to a house to snake a kitchen sink line that was stopped up. Upon completion of the work the housewife informed me that she was not going to pay me, I asked why and she said that I had been out a year and a half earlier to snake the line and it did not last and that I had not done a good job. She then informed me that they had not used the kitchen sink since the last time I was there. I stated the facts regarding what was in the line and went over and over the part with her about not using the kitchen sink but I knew I would not win this with her so I left. Sent the bill to her husband who paid it and noticed soon thereafter that the house was for sale.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
            The lying I am used too, it was the flooded unit when all she had to do was stop taking the shower that killed me.

YES CUDA I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN !
            I HAD THE SAME THING HAPPEN AT A COLLAGE DORM 1 TIME ABOUT A 4" PAN THE STUDENTS
            ONE AFTER THE OTHER KEPT USING THE SHOWER EVEN THOUGH WAS RUNNING OVER ON THE FLOOR AND LEAKING INTO THE DOWNSTAIRS ROOMS
            JERRYMAC
            E-MAILJERRYMAC777@GMAIL.COM
            CALIF. LIC. PLBG,HEAT,DRAINS,ELECTRIC,WATER HEATER, BOILER, POOL AND SPA HEATER
            FIRE SPRINKLER CONTRACTOR,
            SINCE JAN. 1989

Comment

Working...
            X