Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Trap clogs???? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Re: Trap clogs????

    Granted I have not seen a lot of traps that are Plugged but I have seen a number that have a lot of build up in them,

    Most depends on the type of use they get, a sink that is used for what I call dripple applications seem to be the worst, some bath room and others where the water is jsut dribbled out of the faucet and there is never much flow, I see a lot of skum and build up in them, some times nearly full in the trap.

    The sinks that get flushed I do not see normally any or little build up in there traps.

    When things get put in the drain that should not be there, tooth picks and nuts and bolts and similar I would doubt if that device would help and then would one want it going further down the drain.
    Last edited by BHD; 12-12-2008, 11:53 AM.
    Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
    attributed to Samuel Johnson
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

    Comment


    • #32
      Re: Trap clogs????

      IMO your complicating a simple design.

      Comment


      • #33
        Re: Trap clogs????

        I will withhold judgement until I see the sample but after reviewing their web site this item would be a tough sell even if it does work. It looks like the cost just is under $50 a piece once you add the waste arm and nuts.

        Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

        I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

        Comment


        • #34
          Re: Trap clogs????

          I see hair clogs all the time but never in the P-Trap The only clog I see in the trap that is not from something being dropped like a tooth brush is a grease clog or soap clog. Food clogs I see go way further then the trap

          I really just dont see a need for it, People that dump enough grease to clog a trp will have problems on down the line anyway.
          http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

          Comment


          • #35
            Re: Trap clogs????

            Let's see a show of hands how meany took him up on his offer of a sample ME for one I want to know what I'm talking about if a customer has one or wants one. Cant give an opinion on something I haven't seen.

            Comment


            • #36
              Re: Trap clogs????

              Originally posted by gtmerkley View Post
              Let's see a show of hands how meany took him up on his offer of a sample ME for one I want to know what I'm talking about if a customer has one or wants one. Cant give an opinion on something I haven't seen.
              I took him up on his offer. I will review it with an open mind. The worst that can happen is I am not impressed but at least I have been educated on it.

              Mark
              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

              I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

              Comment


              • #37
                Re: Trap clogs????

                Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                I took him up on his offer. I will review it with an open mind. The worst that can happen is I am not impressed but at least I have been educated on it.

                Mark
                I just got mine, as I opened the box I pulled a bit too hard and the thing went flying out of my hands and crashed to the floor and bounced 3-4 times. 'Oh great, I broke it already' I'm thinking. NOPE!! Not a scratch on it. So on a positive note I can say it is a pretty rugged and nicely built unit.
                INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

                Comment


                • #38
                  Re: Trap clogs????

                  Just got mine. Excellent designed packaging and good instructions on how to retrofit where there is an existing 1 1/2" trap. Although some of the fittings I think a homeowner would be hard pressed to find at Home Depot. I took it apart as far as I could get it. The only drawback I can see, is when the rubber seal is turned in the upwards position, the seal is bent. I have a feeling as the rubber hardens the seal would stay in a deformed position. At under $20 it would be a good gimmick, however, I think the almost $50 price tag is going to steer people to the $5 PVC tubular traps. If this design was applied to a PVC glue type drain, as typically found under shower and tub applications, it might have some more practical uses.
                  Distractions are everywhere, don't lose sight of your dream.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Re: Trap clogs????

                    Originally posted by Devine Plumbing View Post
                    Just got mine. Excellent designed packaging and good instructions on how to retrofit where there is an existing 1 1/2" trap. Although some of the fittings I think a homeowner would be hard pressed to find at Home Depot. I took it apart as far as I could get it. The only drawback I can see, is when the rubber seal is turned in the upwards position, the seal is bent. I have a feeling as the rubber hardens the seal would stay in a deformed position. At under $20 it would be a good gimmick, however, I think the almost $50 price tag is going to steer people to the $5 PVC tubular traps. If this design was applied to a PVC glue type drain, as typically found under shower and tub applications, it might have some more practical uses.

                    I only got to play with it for a bit as I had a night job to do.
                    I was wondering about the rubber as well, as far as Draino and other chemicals. I'm thinking the stuff the melted holes in my arm would melt that rubber with out much trouble? Maybe I'll save that for the final test.
                    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Re: Trap clogs????

                      Just got my PermaFlow two days ago and have been asking every one to try it. they all turn the knob and stop the neoprene wiper so it plugs the lower passage. This is one thing someone who puts one on would have to make sure They explain clearly how to use it . I was asked shouldn't it turn the other way to force the clog down the line instead of up toward the sink. I know it shows someone turning it and fishing a ring out, but I can see where it could jam things up. I showed them the litterateur on it and explained it was to open the drain if it gets stopped up in the trap, They asked me how often it just stops up in the trap. Wow I didn't expect that. I seen a lot of DIYS take the trap off but not that meany who wasn't there with a hand crank and took it off to get there cable down. Well there getting smarter. I then asked what they would pay for it. Another WOW, they asked how much a regular one costs? I asked again without telling them. They asked again how much for a regular one. I told them it depends on what type you get. They said a plastic one, oh maybe about $ 5.00. They would still say I would have no Idea. I asked would they pay $50.00 for it? there eyes bugged out and said no way I asked what about $20.00, oh probably not. I asked how much they would pay ? The answer was, the same as a regular one would cost, it looks like it might be something that might cause trouble. Well I guess I wont be selling many. In the old days when they had inline traps that always clogged it might have been good. All I can see to recommend it is that it is clear and you can see if the line is clogged or the strainer has got something over it or if your ring is in the trap. My advise is to lose the wheel and just sell the clear trap by its self.But just because I cant find a use for it or sell it doesn't mean there isn't a use for it. Some of you guy's might have the perfect place for it.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Re: Trap clogs????

                        http://www.amazon.com/PermaFLOW-PF-0.../dp/B0021L9BXS
                        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

                        I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          this is america

                          go to the gun shop or wherever. you will see people buy stuff that they don't need, just want. ain't it great! breid

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Re: Trap clogs????

                            Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                            I will withhold judgement until I see the sample but after reviewing their web site this item would be a tough sell even if it does work. It looks like the cost just is under $50 a piece once you add the waste arm and nuts.

                            Mark
                            The rep sent me 6 some time ago.I brought them in for the rest of the guys.
                            The laughter was a major disruption to the meeting!

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X