X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trap clogs????

How often do you actually see a clog in a sink trap???
    I'm thinkin' its pretty rare and something that the average home owner checks before even calling us.

Two times in as many days I've seen the Permaflow self cleaning trap.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUW8QOXXo9M
    and page 68 of the DEC issue of Popular Science 3/4 page in "the best of whats new 2008" section. http://www.popsci.com/bown/2008/prod...orks-permaflow

$40. Am I crazy or what??

What a complete waste of engineering. Someone has too much time on their hands.It's about as useful as a self cleaning fork or self cleaning under ware (well Dunbar might find those handy).
    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Re: Trap clogs????

cant wait to yank one of those out and tell the customer if they wanted to waste $40 they could have just given it to me
    Mike
    Clark County Plumbing And Drain
    www.plumbinginclarkcounty.com

Comment

I'd love to snake through one and bust it all to $hit then, stand there all blank faced and use my best Forest Gump voice to say " Well Ma'am, my momma always say's 'stupid is as stupid does'
      INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
      Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

shortening, knives, pens, and toothpicks are the only things i've seen in traps. in fact, it's been my experience that the trap is one of the cleanest parts of the drainage system.

even pop-up plugs get clogged with hair, but never in the trap.

i wonder what will happen to diamond rings in those? it might actually push things into the sewer.

it's too bad that alot of people are going to waste their money on these. seems to me that the people that design these are using ignorance to make a quick buck. the people that buy these are going to lose twice. once on the product, and again when the plumber replaces it with old faithful.

how can the powers-that-be allow such products on the market? hhmmmm.

Vince

as the old saying goes; if it ain't broke, don't fix it

Comment

Wow, what a pos. On a side note, I just saw that pasco is selling SS tubular ptraps.
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Never used one. Sure looks like a GREAT idea. Why the Negative comments,what am I missing ?
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

now a self cleaning diverter tee for a 2 part waste on a garbage disposal would make more sense.

it's my idea

show me the money

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Since I work in a lot of rentals, I'm constantly seeing missing pop-ups on basins. I find steel sockets, toothbrushes, straws, combs, and just about everything else down there. Pulling the trap is the easiest clean, and this gadget looks like a gimmick invented by someone with no grasp of the real world.

Comment

Mechanical traps are ILLEGAL in Illinois. Also, if blocked, how do you switch it to bypass?

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernIllinoisPlumber View Post
                    Mechanical traps are ILLEGAL in Illinois. Also, if blocked, how do you switch it to bypass?
                    i was thinking the same thing.. is this upc approved iapmo listed..? i dont think so!

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
                      How often do you actually see a clog in a sink trap???
                      ).
                      The day before Thanksgiving, Thanksgiving day and the day after. Then usually a handful more into New Years. Pretty common to see diverter tee stoppages too. Usually jammed packed with celery, potatos and various other things.....yeah trap clogs....see em quite a bit actually. Sorry to burst your presupposition.

Comment

Originally posted by Twicepipes View Post
                        The day before Thanksgiving, Thanksgiving day and the day after. Then usually a handful more into New Years. Pretty common to see diverter tee stoppages too. Usually jammed packed with celery, potatos and various other things.....yeah trap clogs....see em quite a bit actually. Sorry to burst your presupposition.
                        Yeah, but if the trap is clogged from garbage disposal abuse, usually the rest of the tubular waste is packed too, so it still has to be disassembled. This product would be useless in that application.
                        Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Oh without a doubt. This trap thing is just dumb. I'm not endorsing it in the least.

Comment

I didnt know what you guys were talking about until I watched video.
                            We havent got them in Australia yet that I know of.
                            I look forward to seeingmy first one.
                            Regards
                            Greg

Comment

Rarely see trap clogs... agree think most ho's smart enough to go that far on their own. But I do see a lot of way gunked up trap arms. Usually just a symptom of a clog/restriction lower in the system slowing things down and letting gunk settle and adhere there.

Agree with the comment on missing popups. A similar syndrome I see alot of is the Kohler tub DWV with the springy thingie that would push the paddle linkage on the tub popup if it was still there, but it's not, and the lack of a cross in the hole lets bottle tops and pieces of razor down the hole. Usually fetch up on the spring if that is not gone as well.

Re the p-trap; what a stupid useless pos.
                              This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Working...
                              X