X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Blow off some steam tell me your pet peeve

i wonder what this world would be like without plumbers?

Vince

Comment

Originally posted by Vince the Plumber View Post

Vince
      no plumbers, no ridgid

no ridgid, no forum

no forum, no fun

we need plumbers

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Vince
        Not as much fun
        I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
          I wasn't too happy today reinstalling a pedestal lavatory only to find out the tenant didn't let me know that the drain was slooooooooooooooooow.

Been real easy before all that work anchoring that to the wall, reworking that drain that there was a ****ing clogged drain! ****! *** ** * *****!

**! ************!!! ***! *88! *******! *?
          i'll say it, frag'in ice holes.

Vince

Comment

One of my pet peeves is people who want to come over and buy parts because they're doing the work themselves. I'm not a store and don't even have a sales tax license. (Not required in Idaho for contractors as long as you don't do over-the-counter sales.) So then I have to go buy more parts before I can go to work?

People will show up at my door with all the tubular in one piece and say, "Do you have one of these?"

Or an unlicensed drain cleaner comes over and wants to buy a couple of parts on a Sunday because he has to replace a toilet he broke. Um-hm.

Comment

Originally posted by Herk View Post
              One of my pet peeves is people who want to come over and buy parts because they're doing the work themselves. I'm not a store and don't even have a sales tax license. (Not required in Idaho for contractors as long as you don't do over-the-counter sales.) So then I have to go buy more parts before I can go to work?

People will show up at my door with all the tubular in one piece and say, "Do you have one of these?"

Or an unlicensed drain cleaner comes over and wants to buy a couple of parts on a Sunday because he has to replace a toilet he broke. Um-hm.
              That is awful. Nobody has ever done that to me. I think I would just tell them to leave my property ASAP.
              Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Saw this one again yesterday, and it bummed me out again, so here it is;

Sink drain rough-in's that are either too low to get a bucket under the trap before you pull it, or too high to drain properly once the super cool new extra deep kitchen sink gets a disposer hung under it.

Had to tell these folks they could either
                - see me every so often to clean it out again, or
                - throw out their new deep kitchen sink and get a regular one, or
                - pull out all the brand new cabinets, remove the drywall behind them, move the connection to the stack lower, and put everything back.

70% of the work involved to put it right could have been avoided with a little forethought, but now they are stuck with either doing all again or living with a sink where the trap is basically at the same height as the disposer discharge.
                This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post

Sink drain rough-in's that are either too low to get a bucket under the trap before you pull it, or too high to drain properly once the super cool new extra deep kitchen sink gets a disposer hung under it.

- pull out all the brand new cabinets, remove the drywall behind them, move the connection to the stack lower, and put everything back.

70% of the work involved to put it right could have been avoided with a little forethought, but now they are stuck with either doing all again or living with a sink where the trap is basically at the same height as the disposer discharge.
                  That is what they get for hiring a hack to install the sink. A competent plumber would have noticed the rough-in was wrong BEFORE the sink was installed. I see it all the time too.
                  Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Vince
                    Really $hitty
                    The Other Rick

Comment

I hate people who deny responsibility, the shoulder shrug ticks me off. If I expect you to know an answer it's because that's your job and you should know your job or say that you'll find the answer.

Another thing-just because someones been doing something for 30 years doesn't make you an expert. You might have learned the wrong way the 1st year and spent the next 29 years doing it the wrong way.

Just because this thread has got me on a roll-kids with college degrees in basketweaving. They think because they got some BS degree in dumb, nonrelevant major and look down on you because you're a plumber and then they try and tell you what plumbing is. I got some dumb kid right now telling me that to stop odor from going to a bathroom that we should install a vent. There's not a ptrap anywhere in that place.

People who settle for par should be fired-it's good enough, can't see it behind the wall. As I read this I'm starting to think I'm anti-social. Nah, I just hate stupid people.
                      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Here's another one- women who use there sex to their advantage. They scream women rights all the way but tell them to get to work and they start getting all doe eyed and try to rub on you while they explain that the 1/2 copper pipe is too heavy for them to lift. If you can't do the job you're in (man or woman) then get out and find a new job, excuses are like a$$holes, everyone has one and most are full of $hit.

You can probably tell it's been a rough week.
                        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

"Another thing-just because someones been doing something for 30 years doesn't make you an expert. You might have learned the wrong way the 1st year and spent the next 29 years doing it the wrong way."

Man you really hit the nail on the head!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh My pet peeve uhh right lets see. when my kid does not clean her room!

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                            I hate people who deny responsibility, the shoulder shrug ticks me off. If I expect you to know an answer it's because that's your job and you should know your job or say that you'll find the answer.

Another thing-just because someones been doing something for 30 years doesn't make you an expert. You might have learned the wrong way the 1st year and spent the next 29 years doing it the wrong way.

Just because this thread has got me on a roll-kids with college degrees in basketweaving. They think because they got some BS degree in dumb, nonrelevant major and look down on you because you're a plumber and then they try and tell you what plumbing is. I got some dumb kid right now telling me that to stop odor from going to a bathroom that we should install a vent. There's not a ptrap anywhere in that place.

People who settle for par should be fired-it's good enough, can't see it behind the wall. As I read this I'm starting to think I'm anti-social. Nah, I just hate stupid people.
                            It seems like now a days them ruff weeks come all to often. Our jobs seem to get harder, our kids are telling us how to do things, they know all about life how you can make more money then your making now and how your doing things all wrong. They are in for a rude awakening they cant under stand why we have to do things the way we do it.Hay they kind of sound like some of our customers don't they?.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post

Hey if you cant see it why worry about it? cover that clean out up, you will never need it, what the heck is it for its ugly, lets put a box around it and hide it, or better yet cover it up or hide it under carpet so no one can find it, wow aren't we smart. When I buy a tractor or car I go to a mechanic who works on them and ask them if there are any problems with that make or year before I buy it maybe our customers should do the same with there plumbing or remodeling. I have had a few who did I didn't charge a cent for advice. But I have had a lot who didn't and they paid a heavy price to have it re done

Comment

I'm not going to waste my time and generalize. Yesterday ( sunday! ) I had a customer with a 94 water heater, dip tube totally disintegrated and clogging the pull out kitchen faucet and lav aerators. They have a new Delta faucet they want me to install. I carefully and patiently explain the problem to them going into detail about future clogging that is likely if the water heater is not replaced. Lucky for them I am driving a fully stocked truck and I am an experienced licensed plumber who specializes in service and repair. For my knowlege and experience all I get from this jackass is whining and moaning, like I have put him in this situation. The easiest thing for me is to keep my mouth shut install their faucet get the check and go down the road. Like the last guy they had. How about some f***ing gratitude for my help instead of attitude. Sorry so long winded, this spares my wife...

Comment

Working...
                                X