Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Blow off some steam tell me your pet peeve Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Re: Blow off some steam tell me your pet peeve

    Originally posted by bacskcah View Post
    I'm not going to waste my time and generalize. Yesterday ( sunday! ) I had a customer with a 94 water heater, dip tube totally disintegrated and clogging the pull out kitchen faucet and lav aerators. They have a new Delta faucet they want me to install. I carefully and patiently explain the problem to them going into detail about future clogging that is likely if the water heater is not replaced. Lucky for them I am driving a fully stocked truck and I am an experienced licensed plumber who specializes in service and repair. For my knowlege and experience all I get from this jackass is whining and moaning, like I have put him in this situation. The easiest thing for me is to keep my mouth shut install their faucet get the check and go down the road. Like the last guy they had. How about some f***ing gratitude for my help instead of attitude. Sorry so long winded, this spares my wife...
    That sucks.
    Have a beer.
    You've earned it.

    Comment


    • #32
      Re: Blow off some steam tell me your pet peeve

      Originally posted by bacskcah View Post
      I'm not going to waste my time and generalize. Yesterday ( sunday! ) I had a customer with a 94 water heater, dip tube totally disintegrated and clogging the pull out kitchen faucet and lav aerators. They have a new Delta faucet they want me to install. I carefully and patiently explain the problem to them going into detail about future clogging that is likely if the water heater is not replaced. Lucky for them I am driving a fully stocked truck and I am an experienced licensed plumber who specializes in service and repair. For my knowlege and experience all I get from this jackass is whining and moaning, like I have put him in this situation. The easiest thing for me is to keep my mouth shut install their faucet get the check and go down the road. Like the last guy they had. How about some f***ing gratitude for my help instead of attitude. Sorry so long winded, this spares my wife...
      Heck after that I will buy you a beer just send me a bill. I.LL pay you a week from some Thursday.

      Comment


      • #33
        Re: Blow off some steam tell me your pet peeve

        I love it when framers put studs right where my shower valve is suppose to go
        YourHomeContractor.com - The Trusted Online Community For Homeowners and Contractors.

        Plumbing Reviews

        Comment


        • #34
          Re: Blow off some steam tell me your pet peeve

          Nothing worse than a greedy cheat IMO...

          My Supply house is the worst sell me Chinese crap for US prices... I offered to pay them in Yen yesterday!!!

          Our country is giving or has given away the means of production for just about every product for the sake of the almighty corporate america profit margin...

          If corporate america and mainstream media want a nation of consumers don't they wonder where everyone is going to get the money to buy???

          Could it be that we were once a nation that the rest of the world respected because they used to purchase our products, we were relied upon...

          China, NAFTA and Most Favored Nation Trading status will be our ultimate demise...




          Okie

          Comment


          • #35
            Re: Blow off some steam tell me your pet peeve

            People who call you for a tiolet bowl stoppage and still use that tiolet instead of the one upstairs. I used it but I didn't flush.
            People who flush steak.
            People who think you need to run 100' of cable even though it's 45' to the city.
            Tenants who get mad at me 'cause there's a stack stoppage. That's not my poop in your tub! And there's more where that came from.

            Comment


            • #36
              Re: Blow off some steam tell me your pet peeve

              I hate when you rough-in a drain for an eight inch deep kitchen sink and then some designer decides a single bowl ten inch deep sink would look nicer than what you planned on installing. Same goes for lavs too.
              Most designer piss me off too.

              Comment


              • #37
                Re: Blow off some steam tell me your pet peeve

                Originally posted by HouseOfAtlas View Post
                I love it when framers put studs right where my shower valve is suppose to go
                Finally got tired of this and just walk in with the 5lb little sledge and give them a whack at the sole plate.

                J.C.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Re: Blow off some steam tell me your pet peeve

                  People that know juuuust enough to get them into trouble. Like the guy that's done a few oil changes and a few brake jobs, now he thinks he's a mechanic. Or the home owner that thinks he knows how to do my job better than I.

                  Originally posted by NYSEWERMAN View Post
                  People who think you need to run 100' of cable even though it's 45' to the city.
                  Oh yeah. I love that one. "Aren't cha gonna "snake it" all the way out?"
                  Uhhh,,,,why would I need to run 185' of cable into a line that's only half that length??? So it can flip over and double back only to break on me at the c/o and give me nice cable lashing on my leg?

                  And....people who say "snake"
                  Last edited by Twicepipes; 11-20-2008, 12:48 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Re: Blow off some steam tell me your pet peeve

                    Price shoppers on the phone who waste my time.


                    The good thing is that since they did it the first time, more than likely it won't happen twice and that's fine by me.
                    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Re: Blow off some steam tell me your pet peeve

                      Originally posted by Herk View Post
                      One of my pet peeves is people who want to come over and buy parts because they're doing the work themselves. I'm not a store and don't even have a sales tax license. (Not required in Idaho for contractors as long as you don't do over-the-counter sales.) So then I have to go buy more parts before I can go to work?

                      People will show up at my door with all the tubular in one piece and say, "Do you have one of these?"

                      Or an unlicensed drain cleaner comes over and wants to buy a couple of parts on a Sunday because he has to replace a toilet he broke. Um-hm.
                      Charge a 400-500% markup over your price.If enough sales occur,Then a new headache has started.Or not.
                      Kenneth Collier
                      Maintenance and Sewer

                      P.O. Box 9441
                      Jackson, MS 39206
                      (601) 613-2678 (Cell)
                      drainman881999@yahoo.com

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Re: Blow off some steam tell me your pet peeve

                        Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                        Here's another one- women who use there sex to their advantage. They scream women rights all the way but tell them to get to work and they start getting all doe eyed and try to rub on you while they explain that the 1/2 copper pipe is too heavy for them to lift. If you can't do the job you're in (man or woman) then get out and find a new job, excuses are like a$$holes, everyone has one and most are full of $hit.

                        You can probably tell it's been a rough week.
                        Ben,DO NOT STAND UNDER THE REAR END OF A GIRAFFE.If you chose to do so.DO NOT LOOK UP.
                        Kenneth Collier
                        Maintenance and Sewer

                        P.O. Box 9441
                        Jackson, MS 39206
                        (601) 613-2678 (Cell)
                        drainman881999@yahoo.com

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Re: Blow off some steam tell me your pet peeve

                          BTW Allclear,
                          I'm just giving you a hard time about the cable lashing.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X