I love Orangeburg pipe!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love Orangeburg pipe!

It was somewhat slow today. This evening I get two emergency sewer calls...both cable and camera work...both orangeburg. I left at 5:30 pm, got home at 9:00 pm with good money (no materials except a single wax ring) and a high chance of replacing one of the lines soon.

Video-inspections + Orangeburg pipe = $$$
    Last edited by Service Guy; 11-15-2008, 12:14 AM.
    Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Re: I love Orangeburg pipe!

Heck yeah that stuff has job security written all over. Although I did learn my lesson a few years back about not sending a warthog on a jetter down the line to cut out some roots lmao

Comment

Do you do camera inspections on all your main line cleanings?
      YourHomeContractor.com - The Trusted Online Community For Homeowners and Contractors.

Plumbing Reviews

Comment

Originally posted by HouseOfAtlas View Post
        Do you do camera inspections on all your main line cleanings?
        Pretty much.

Comment

So do you offer a camera inspection as an additional cost or is just included in your main line cleaning?
          YourHomeContractor.com - The Trusted Online Community For Homeowners and Contractors.

Plumbing Reviews

Comment

Originally posted by HouseOfAtlas View Post
            So do you offer a camera inspection as an additional cost or is just included in your main line cleaning?
            Its a small extra charge, but I have gotten to where I quote a price with inspection included on every sewer stoppage. IF they complain and are cheap, then I may offer to cable without camera. (and therefore without warranty)

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
              Its a small extra charge, but I have gotten to where I quote a price with inspection included on every sewer stoppage. IF they complain and are cheap, then I may offer to cable without camera. (and therefore without warranty)
              how do you word your warranty?
              Mike
              Clark County Plumbing And Drain
              www.plumbinginclarkcounty.com

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
                Gotcha. From what I've seen on some videos from YouTube and knowing how old pipes can fall apart, I can see a snake getting caught so easily. It looks like a camera is a must for almost all main lines, unless the customer can't afford it.

Plumbing Reviews

Comment

The interesting thing about cameras and warranties is that, at least the way I do it, putting a camera in a line after I've cleared it mostly just warranties that if there is a comeback, the customer will get charged. If I find something to worry about, I will fix it. If I don't, I know the line was clear and clean and well sloped when I left it, so no uncertainty about I might have left something if they plug it up again.
                  This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

If you have a camera give it away as often as you can ,if you are geared to perform and excavation. If you are able to dig than this is your ability to be really profitable. More cameras Means more clean outs more jet work.
                    Period.

Comment

Working...
                    X