Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Reliability of 6' Toilet Augers?

GT,
    you are lucky you didn't catch Aids or hepatitis. Please think of your health, and your families' health.

Comment

Toilet Auger= No splash, feel for obstructions, clear soft stopage in toilet all in one tool.

2 plungers on sink and tubs( I use them both at same time on double sink clogs and tubs) It always amazes me when a customer tells me they plunged double sink on one side but the only thing that happened was the water came up on the other side

Comment

Originally posted by gtmerkley View Post
        try a 6 ft general toilet auger or a shop vac. vacuum works better then presser I have a plunger that has both presser and vacuum I love it
        I know this is a late!!! GT I couldnt agree with you more. I purchased a Rothenberger pro pump and it is dynamite on soft blockages. Sucks and spits NICE!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ozplumb View Post
          I know this is a late!!! GT I couldnt agree with you more. I purchased a Rothenberger pro pump and it is dynamite on soft blockages. Sucks and spits NICE!!!!!!!!!
          i have the general kinetic water ram http://www.waterram.com/ and it blows.

i wish it sucks

actually it does suck, but in a bad way

tried it couple of times and it's been retired ever since.

anyone interested in a pneumatic plunger that blows

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
            i have the general kinetic water ram http://www.waterram.com/ and it blows.

i wish it sucks

actually it does suck, but in a bad way

tried it couple of times and it's been retired ever since.

anyone interested in a pneumatic plunger that blows

rick.
            No thanks,

I rarely bathe in toilet water

That's what happens when i used it

Comment

Originally posted by ozplumb View Post
              Out of respect for the women in our lives, I will refrain from making any comments that could be misconstrued.
              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I use customer's bowl brush sometimes and it works on soft clogs Just double check w/ mirror, overflow tube, flushing some paper. Or use 6' general w/ widely open retriever. Run it gently, if it constantly grabs the channel, then run it on reverse slowly thru that spot and then on forward until the water starts to seep down a little bit and then yank it to see what is was =). Also use plunger to get water down the trap before pulling the toilet.

Comment

I have a 40 story building in nyc 2000 fixtures, 700 are toilets, i have all the equiptment for any situation big or small.
                  I agree with rick 32 years of proof, my small firm plunger does the job with no wax gasket damage 99% of the time.

Urinals, i use hercules "sizzle" safe hydrochloric acid for calcium and urinal salt buildups that cause slow or no drainage, for professional use only may i add.

Comment

I have a K-6 auger on my truck and use it all the time. It always worked great for me. The only thing I done is took a chisel and cut part of the bulb off the auger and to make a more open hook.
                    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Re: Reliability of 6' Toilet Augers? good idea

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
                      I have a K-6 auger on my truck and use it all the time. It always worked great for me. The only thing I done is took a chisel and cut part of the bulb off the auger and to make a more open hook.
                      THE K- 6 IS EXCELLENT . Good idea on the bulb,I'll open mine
                      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

I use a 3' auger with a drophead with a a retriever hook.
                        It is long enough to go all the way through any toilet and yes it frequently pulls out things that a plunger would only clean off, leaving the root cause of the clog in the trap of the toilet.
                        If a 3' auger will not reach the problem it is a line problem and a auger is not the proper tool to clean a line even a 6' one.
                        I would not dream of using a plunger on a call!

I do not own or, carry either a 6' auger or, a plunger and it has worked out for me so far...
                        Somehow I figure it would be bad odds to bet on a change in this lifetime...
                        411 Plumb Appliance Stimulus Package

Comment

I guess I'll weigh in.

I've seen toilets that you couldn't use either an auger or a plunger on. Not too long ago, I ran into one that had a weird hourglass-shaped slot in the bowl and no plunger would cover it, while the trapway was so convoluted that nothing would go down it.

So, we basically use whatever works best for that job, even if it's a new toilet.

As to plunging, I usually hit it with the plunger first. I don't care if the customer gets embarrassed or not - they called a pro and I'm pro enough to be able to use a plunger better.

Tip, no charge: push the plunger down slowly, then pull back quickly. Don't push the plug in harder. Pull the clog back to release it.

Comment

Working...
                          X