X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Root rope

Almost forgot. All those keys! What are you some kind of Medieval Dungeonmaster???

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
      Almost forgot. All those keys! What are you some kind of Medieval Dungeonmaster???

J.C.
      no they go to locks for everyone of his k-60's
      Mike
      Clark County Plumbing And Drain
      www.plumbinginclarkcounty.com

Comment

Rick your my hero

thats why i like you
        Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
        http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
        http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Originally posted by drainman881999 View Post
          Rick, what type of connection do Gene and you use to connect the 1.25 cable to the Timberwolf ?You fellows have lit the spark of interest and I am going to try this method.
          depending on the cable you chose to use, you need a coupling that fits the rear end of the cable.

in my case the cable is general innercore. i adapted the drive coupling that fit the 5/8'' gear shaft.

grabbed a 5/8'' grade 5 bolt, cut off the head which leaf a nice smooth 5/8'' shaft for the coupling. drilled a hole for the roll pin to lock the coupling to the bolt. then carefully grinded 3 flats at 120 degrees apart into a hex to fit the 1/2'' timberwolf chuck. this allows for a nice firm grip without slippage. remember that the drill is used for both pushing and pulling. you don't want to drop the adapter from the chuck.

i use 10' lengths of cable. 15' can work with proper care. i also have a 4' section when 10' is too sloppy at the stoppage. with a good feel of the cable and low speed 300rpm with clutch, you can be safe.

always keep the cable from looping and make sure the drills switch is not sticky

for a ridgid cable, you would need the male replacement coupling and some fancy machineing to attach the arbor to. i actually made an adapter to run ridgid cutters on my general cable. a friend with a machine shop is a bonus

good luck and be careful until you have the proper feel of this powerhouse.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by HVAC HAWK View Post
            Rick your my hero

thats why i like you
            So gay. I won't post the infamous pic again though.
            Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post

J.C.
              That is only some of one set of keys I think he adds in dummy keys to try to throw me off. Don't worry boys I can still get in the shop (just in case)
              I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
                That is only some of one set of keys I think he adds in dummy keys to try to throw me off. Don't worry boys I can still get in the shop (just in case)
                wanna bet

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                  wanna bet

rick.
                  Only one way to find out and end the discussion. Let's see how generous Joey is with the Christmas gifts this year. I call dibbs on the seesnake propack and a propress.
                  Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Working...
                  X