HEY RICK;
    THIS IS ONE I DIAGNOSED AND TOLD
    HOME OWNER HOW TO CORRECT DOWN IN AUSTIN, TEXAS BY PHONE
    THIS WAS GROWING AROUND THE PVC CLOSET BEND AND THEN DOWN INSIDE,
    WITHOUT SHOWING OUTSIDE BASE OF TOILET

JERRYMAC
    JERRYMAC
    E-MAILJERRYMAC777@GMAIL.COM
    CALIF. LIC. PLBG,HEAT,DRAINS,ELECTRIC,WATER HEATER, BOILER, POOL AND SPA HEATER
    FIRE SPRINKLER CONTRACTOR,
    SINCE JAN. 1989

Re: Roots in closet bend

jerry, i've had the same thing on both slab homes and raised foundation

slab i can understand, raised foundation threw me

apparently the toilet was dripping just enough past the wax that it allowed a vine to grow and follow the drip 2' up through the sub-floor and under the wax and into the bend. creating a stoppage.

when i attempted to plunge the toilet and failed. i tried my auger. pulled back roots couldn't believe it. so i pulled the toilet and saw the problem.

crawled under the house and cut the large bright red vine. no it was not licorice

first time i've ever seen this happen on a raised foundation.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

not uncommon around here.

i even had one in a bath sink drain. my K-39 (and their checkbook) got a workout that day.

steve
      In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

You guys must have some smart roots. Mine are too dumb and do things the old fashioned way, grow through 5+ feet of ground to get to the pipe.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the cold we get here???
        Anyone in cold climates see this happen?
        INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
        Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Working...
        X