X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the 39-AF any good?

I am currently using my old Black and Decker/Pic-a-pac auger for sink and tub drains. I have read where a few people have had trouble with the Ridgid 39 Auto feed auger. Overall, would most of you guys recommend it and does it have enough power from it's small motor? Also, I am thinking of replacing my old K-60 (suitcase style) with a new one. Are they more powerful and what major problems(if any) has anyone had with them.

Thanks,
    James

Re: Is the 39-AF any good?

Dont let the size fool you the k39 has torque! Will rip your wrist off if not ready. Great snake!
    Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Best top-snake I ever had. It took me awhile to get used to the auto-feed though, but now I got the hang of it. I think the RPMs are too high, basically its over-powered for what I use it for (1.5" drains and less). To slow it down, I never hold the trigger all the way down (variable-speed trigger).
      Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

I love my K-39AF, I work it like a dog and it keeps going like the energizer bunny...

I'm going to buy another one next just so I don't have to change drum inserts (cables), 2 should be enough

My K-60 has been good to me also the only thing that has failed has been the loss of one of the rubber feet The tools that come in the SP kit are only a start, I did not realize how much I liked the K-60 until I bought a handfull of spiral saws and went after a few of the more stuborn root jobs...

Okie

Comment

We are very happy with the 39 with out auto feed. It takes a little more time but since it is not as long as the A/F we can get it into the tight spots.

Comment

K-39 is a great machine.

steve
            In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

someone starting out in drain cleaning needs a few machines.

they are the k-39af and the k-60 impressionator

these 2 machines with the proper cutters, cables and proper experience can cover 90-95% of household and commercial stoppages.

sure a jetter is a plus, but not everyone wants to get into jetting.

don't let the power/ size of the k-39 fool you. the speed is proper for the size of cable and proper cleaning. gives you reaction time and allows for enough contact time to stir up the stoppage.

the k-60 has been the talk of the forum for the last couple of years. as you read it's not just me praising it.

join the masses, we all can't be wrong

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

and when your ready to be a PRO you`ll need a K-7500

http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

It's very good machine. The only thing I do different is use the k40 speed bump cable. Very tough cable. I also usually go full speed with it. Go big or go home.
                  Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I love it. Tubs BOOM!Lavs POW!
                    The old way was 1/4" on the end of my 3/8" down tub traps and pull the traps on lavs and run the 3/8 on down.With the 39 I go straight down lav traps.If you have ever had to run an overhead bath tub line this little jem is FABULOUS!The feeder on this is important as without,a guy needs 3 hands to use it.I am am at 8 months and only a small kink in the cable from a lav line with a bunch of toothpaste caps in it.

Comment

Working...
                    X