X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sewer Machine cables

I just recently bought a very well-used Ridgid K-1500B sewer machine from work and it has no cables or accessories. Could any of you tell me the odds of finding some used 1 1/4" cables. I think new ones are $85 per 15ft. joint, from what I hear. That's a little steep for me. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Re: Sewer Machine cables

I would not buy used cables because you can't tell the condition of them due to possible drain clearing chemical contamination. The first time your cable snaps because you tried to save a buck, you'll be wishing you spent the money. Check out cable center of st. louis for cables. For everything else, I prefer north state.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I used electric eel cables in mine they worked great but when general brought out there dual 7/8 ridgid cables I switched to the 7/8 cable I could do anything with them I could do with the 1 1/4 cable and get through places I couldn't with the 1 1/4 cable that inside cable do make a deferance,

Comment

I am a long time fan of Mytana cable.
        They are in St Paul MN. Don't know that they carry 1 1/4" cable.

Comment

Looking through the MyTana catalog I got last week, I don't see any 1-1/4" cables. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to call them, though. 1-800-328-8170

Comment

1 1/4 is only for sectional machine and as far as I know, mytana only deals with drum machines. General makes good sectional cables.
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

the general innercore 1.25'' x 10' cables are what i use with my timberwolf drill when i go fishing for the big ones

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

i take intercore cables to mean wire center not chain? the chain is to retrieve a broken cable. correct me if i'm wrong. thank you. breid

Comment

Originally posted by breid1903 View Post
                  i take intercore cables to mean wire center not chain? the chain is to retrieve a broken cable. correct me if i'm wrong. thank you. breid
                  you are correct. the cahin doesn't really add any torque to the outer main cable.

the innercore is a cable usually reverse wound to assist in the torque delivery. (general)

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                  X