X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid K-6 Closet Auger

I've been using General closet augers for so long I never thought I would ever use anything else. Many years ago I ended up with a new Ridgid auger from a plumbing business I purchased in liquidation. The auger was okay but I was not really impressed with it over the General auger. Now with the new home out of State I thought I would buy an emergency auger and plunger to leave in the garage. I ordered a new Ridgid k-6 closet auger from ToolUp.com and all I can say is WOW. There has been a ton of improvements in the Ridgid auger since the first one I tried. As a matter of fact I may end up using Ridgid augers from now on. Nice job Ridgid.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Re: Ridgid K-6 Closet Auger

I guess the expert witness business is slow and you've turned to corprate sponsors. I expected this from Rick but not from you.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by toutahnow View Post
      i've been using general closet augers for so long i never thought i would ever use anything else. Many years ago i ended up with a new ridgid auger from a plumbing business i purchased in liquidation. The auger was okay but i was not really impressed with it over the general auger. Now with the new home out of state i thought i would buy an emergency auger and plunger to leave in the garage. I ordered a new ridgid k-6 closet auger from toolup.com and all i can say is wow. There has been a ton of improvements in the ridgid auger since the first one i tried. As a matter of fact i may end up using ridgid augers from now on. Nice job ridgid.

Mark

spam!

Comment

Josh, how do you get the Chapstick out of the seat of your pants???

J.C.

Comment

Okay let's pile on the dumb guy. Remember I am just comparing the physical look and feel of this auger to the Ridgid auger I had from 15-years ago. I have not thrown away my General augers but the Ridgid auger is improved enough I am willing to give it a shot. As it is not going on a service truck but in the garage of a part-time home I hope I never use it. However, if I do end up using it I will give you a practical review at that time.

Mark

Comment

lets have the next roundup in vegas

we'll put that auger to the test

i'll bring my grapefruit plunger and still beat you all

or i can borrow the ice tongs

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
              lets have the next roundup in vegas

we'll put that auger to the test

i'll bring my grapefruit plunger and still beat you all

or i can borrow the ice tongs

rick.
              Would that be the World famous Power Plunger 520 by Continental Manufacturing?

Mark

Comment

Mark, you had to know you were gonna get jumped on... tee it up around here and its a race to see who can hit it first. Honestly I hope you are right as I've shared the opinion that the general is better; that's what's on my vans. I'll check one out next time I wear one out.

I've avoided the plunger as the auger always works and the plunger sometimes doesn't, and why carry both in or make two trips? I once pulled out a washcloth from below the toilet with an auger... plunger it in further and I'd have been pulling it and snaking.

The plunger does have one very important role for me though; I've found it wise to keep one handy when applying rootx through a toilet on houses w/o cleanouts. Every once in a while I pour too much in or mis-time it and it plugs and starts a foam volcano in the toilet. Going to town with a plunger usually saves it before it spills over.
                This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
                  Mark, you had to know you were gonna get jumped on... tee it up around here and its a race to see who can hit it first. Honestly I hope you are right as I've shared the opinion that the general is better; that's what's on my vans. I'll check one out next time I wear one out.

I've avoided the plunger as the auger always works and the plunger sometimes doesn't, and why carry both in or make two trips? I once pulled out a washcloth from below the toilet with an auger... plunger it in further and I'd have been pulling it and snaking.

The plunger does have one very important role for me though; I've found it wise to keep one handy when applying rootx through a toilet on houses w/o cleanouts. Every once in a while I pour too much in or mis-time it and it plugs and starts a foam volcano in the toilet. Going to town with a plunger usually saves it before it spills over.
                  I agree with you on the plunger (+ the pile on) . About the only time I use a plunger is when I am trying to evacuate the water prior to pulling a water closet. However, if I make the home available to guest I imagine a plunger is a better solution than an auger for a lay person.

Mark

Comment

Dam you guys, you started this thread and I had to use my closet auger twice today! Used the Ridgid stupid plastic handle, can't wait to see this new better version I am reading about.
                    I don't mind the main sewers just hate full brown bowls that are clogged for 2 days.
                    Last edited by Cuda; 11-25-2008, 01:34 AM.
                    Seattle Drain Service

Comment

I was looking at the Ridgid in Homey a week or so ago. Although it looks nice, the end of the cable is solid - not interchangeable like the General I have. That's been handy to use on basins and suchlike. Is there a model with a cable that has changeable ends?

Comment

Working...
                      X