X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sectional Drum

I would like a drum machine that runs sectional cable. Possible to achieve the dream? Ideas?

J.C.

Re: Sectional Drum

probably not too easy. problem is the open wind cable will stick and grab to each other. hard to push and pull back into the drum.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

That's what I though too Rick.

Then I thought about a coiled tube throughout the drum to hold the cable links & coils away from each other.

There would be issues with that of course. Additional weight etc.

But I'd like to think nothings impossible when forced to think differently.

Thanks.

J.C.

Comment

Cement mixer type Drum that has a corkscrew interior to keep the cable manageable?

Comment

I see Hacktown forces you to think outside of the box too.

Something to think about. Okiebill. Thanks.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
            I would like a drum machine that runs sectional cable. Possible to achieve the dream? Ideas?

J.C.

Try Electric Eel model N. Uses 5/8 sectional in a drum. Mine holds 75'. Each section is 5' long.

Comment

Thanks smitty. I'll give it a look.

J.C.

Comment

Looked at the website and they give some conflicting information. On the brochure page they say it can hold 75' of the sectional cable and in the instruction page they recommend only 25-30 of cable. Not enough cable imo. I'll stick with the k50 in this case.

If I had access to an open drum cable machine such as a gorlitz, I would try with the sectional. I load/unload my cage with all the cable loaded up and I can pull the cable out rather easily. What's the difference between the cage laying down or in the vertical position?
                Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                  Looked at the website and they give some conflicting information. On the brochure page they say it can hold 75' of the sectional cable and in the instruction page they recommend only 25-30 of cable. Not enough cable imo. I'll stick with the k50 in this case.
                  I know what you saw and it is old info.
                  Drum now holds 75' dualmatic cable. I have this machine and can assure you it holds that much sectional cable. This drum was re-designed several years ago to hold more cable. Call the company if you don't believe me.

Comment

I use to use the eel my dad invented it but he switched to a single cable when the dual wouldn't go through. That was before auto feed so pleas don't blame him for the way it was set up ( hard to put a auto feed on it ) I submitted a design to them for one to use a bigger cable with the cable that feed its self in and out the auto feed was not needed that much. But they said they could not make it and went with the 5 so I went with Ridgid. Marco will also use the 5/8" eel cable but you would rely need a 7/8 dull cable to be much good.

Comment

I must ask WHY??????
                      http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
                        I must ask WHY??????

I felt the same way when it was posted.

I guess rational thinking is, "How can I make my sectional operate like a drum?"

The mess, the extra work, the down time hosing off cables is a frustration I ended in 1989, and vow never to go back. Lots of open drains to prove my switch made life easier, a lot easier and customers happy.

But, everyone needs to get injured and find out how to work smarter, not harder to understand why.
                        Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Oh, Ok now I understand
                          http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
                            I must ask WHY??????
                            I've got limited experience but like the flexibility of sectional cable even in larger sizes. But drum operation seems to have some advantages in speed & being cleaner.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
                              But, everyone needs to get injured and find out how to work smarter, not harder to understand why.
                              the exact reason i use sectionals. i don't need to get hurt to learn anything. smarter not harder

steve
                              In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X