X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kitchen drains - Which machine?

When the problem is the diverter tee in tubular pvc, the problem is easy to diagnosos. Just shine a flashlight behind the fitting and you can see the clog. What I and others are referring to is a stoppage further down the line.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
      When the problem is the diverter tee in tubular pvc, the problem is easy to diagnosos. Just shine a flashlight behind the fitting and you can see the clog. What I and others are referring to is a stoppage further down the line.
      Out here it is mostly tubular brass or tubular ABS so a flashlight would not work. However, that is a good idea I had never thought of.

Thanks-Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
        Actually that is a great example to have used. When I was spending a lot of time out on the Alaskan Tundra I took a bunch of "Wilderness Medical" classes. This one guest speaker kept telling us how to do emergency treatment which required opening the body cavity. The owner of the class was having fits and kept asking him not to teach us that advance training. The doctor kept saying if it was going to be 10-days until the plane came back our partner would surely be dead. I always regretted never using all of that training I had. Hence the short answer is heck yeah I would go for the steak knife without a thought.

Mark
        I took the same class in the army we were suppose to do it in a fox hole, if the guts were hanging out we were suppose to pile them on top of the guy and put a wet towel over it and send him back. I thought of that tonight while cleaning a drain full of rags, but I was ready to stuff them rags in a deferent part of there anatomy and clean the line by making a big fox hole with a stick of dynamite. And go home my self.

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
          Out here it is mostly tubular brass or tubular ABS so a flashlight would not work. However, that is a good idea I had never thought of.

Thanks-Mark
          Never seen that here for ktchen sink drain, always pvc tubular. I'm honored that I knew a trick that you did not. Almost makes me feel like I did something useful in life.
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
            Never seen that here for ktchen sink drain, always pvc tubular. I'm honored that I knew a trick that you did not. Almost makes me feel like I did something useful in life.
            The next time you question your accomplishments in life, give me a call. Your father raised a good man.

Mark
            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Working...
            X