X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need k-75 feedback

Hello Im a first time poster, but have been reading for many months. I have found a awesome deal on a k-75 machine with the cables. What do you guys think of that machine? Some sewers around hear are 6" clay how will it do in 6"? I know it is only rated for 4". what will that 7/8" cable do in roots? look foward to hearing from RICK on this one! i know he is a k-60 guy I currently run drum machines but have ran sectionals in the past. Just wanted some feed back. THANKS
    Last edited by jhplumbing; 11-28-2008, 05:47 PM.

Re: need k-75 feedback

The motor is the exact same in the k75 as the k60. The cable determines the size of pipe it can clean, not the machine. I use general innercore cable and although I never run into 6", it's very stiff and should have no problem handling 6".
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

the k60 and k-75 are pretty much intrchangable machines.

why do you want such a big size machine in the 75 when you can get the 60 and save lots of room?

the 75 looks like the 1500. but is a 60 in specs. unless it's a great price, wait for a deal on the 60

sorry to let you down, but size matters

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

do you know if the GENERAL cables would fit the jaw of that machine?

Comment

Originally posted by jhplumbing View Post
          do you know if the GENERAL cables would fit the jaw of that machine?
          yes, 7/8'' is 7/8''.

both ben and i also have general innercore cable for or k-60's

another thing i forgot to tell you.

while the k-60 can go from 5/8' cable to 7/8'' with a turn of the rear collar. (1 second)

the 75 requires a jaw change out. 5 minutes.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

If you ever have to set up in 6"-8" of standing water,you will find the k-75 will clear the standing water,run the light in weight 7/8" cables and do a fine job.I just ran out 165' in a 6" line appx. .45 min's ago. Now I carry a k-60,k-50" and the k-75 all the time.A k-1500 and k-750 for back-up if needed.I just use non innercore cables.Hope this helps.
            Kenneth Collier
            Maintenance and Sewer

P.O. Box 9441
            Jackson, MS 39206
            (601) 613-2678 (Cell)
            drainman881999@yahoo.com

Comment

From my own experience a general inner core cable is the equal of the 1 1/4 ridged cable maybe even better. I have a 1500 that I have a 1 1/2" jaw set for a 7/8" jaw set and a 5/8 " jaw set I know the 5/8" sounds weird in a 1500 but it is one of the sweetest set ups for goo small lines I ever run. But after using Ridgid prototype of the K 60 with general dull cables there was never anything I couldn't Handel I pulled out a 30 ft a 27 ft and a 21 ft root all 3 in the same line one after the other that's 78 ft of roots. If you use the general cable get it if you use the Ridgid shingle cable it wont be stiff enough if you go up the line from the out side it will just slide back out or turn on you. If you hit a root to far out the shingle cable wont have the strength to get it out. All the other drillers around here use the 75 with the Ridgid cable they wont touch roots they ask they tell the customer if it is a soft clog they will do it but if there is a chance of roots then they will have to call us unless they can replace the pipe. Some pipes I tell them to replace but most times it will go for five to 15 years before I have to clean it again sometimes 20 sometimes I never have to clean it again but there are a lot that just wont stay open but that takes a big cutter and lots of power. As far as the K 60 in water I carry my cables in old tires and stack one on top of the other or use a small stand. I use a gfi on the power cord along with the one on the machine but that's where the drum machine comes in handy with the motor on top but I'll pump it out if it gets up to anything electric in the house. I'm no hero when it comes to leaving a widow and orphans at home.

Comment

you guys are a big help. How well do the 7/8" NON inercore cables handle roots?

Comment

Don't mess with them once they get a little age on them they break like glass but I have used the general 5/8" with no core on sink lines and they seem ok.But if you go through traps and it breaks you got to dig them up with an inner cable type the cable will most times hang together so you can get them out. And without the inner core there to limber to go through much roots I pull them out all the time where they broke off and the driller left them in. There lighter to work with and carry but you might be carrying out fewer then you came in with. There more for soft stoppages.

Comment

Originally posted by jhplumbing View Post
                    you guys are a big help. How well do the 7/8" NON inercore cables handle roots?
                    before i had the ridgid 7/8'' inner core and general innercore. i had no problems in 4'' pipe full of roots.

you can look up lots of my posted pictures.

now i run just the first 15' section with inner core cable. the rest is normal hollow 7/8'' sectional.

i find that the stiffness of the innercore makes for a safer feel on 6'' pipe.

the innercore of the ridgid does not attach to the cable it only floats inside. it's to stiffen up the flex, not the strength. it's a plastic innercore that floats inside the hollow wind.

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

Not a pro, but had a K75 for many years and never hit anything it wouldn't plow through and pull out.
                      info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

Working...
                      X