Brown friday, sewer hydrant

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brown friday, sewer hydrant

today being the day after thanksgiving turned into a busy stoppage day.

so this being the busiest day for shopping, black friday. i turned this into the busiest day for stoppages.

brown friday

started out with a 14 unit condo building that was already up to the first floor with sewage already dripping into the garage below.

so i found the 4'' main cleanout that is outside at the driveway ramp. knowing that i was going to get a show i decided to take a few photos to show you what you missed

first one is the slight seepage as i loosen the plug.

next is the removal of the plug before the big show

the big show

and finally the little dipper

cleared this at 40' with the 1.25'' cable and 4'' cutters. followed up with the 4'' x6'' expanding cutters.

lots of water damage to the 1st floor units.

rick.

Attached Files
    phoebe it is

Re: Brown friday, sewer hydrant

Nice pics. Good to have a drain nearby.

J.C.

Comment

I'm sort of curious what Rick pays his cameraman and if the guy is a member of SOC?

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Do you camera the line first before putting the 4x6 cutters down?
        YourHomeContractor.com - The Trusted Online Community For Homeowners and Contractors.

Plumbing Reviews

Comment

great pix. i call a C/O that erupts like that "vesuvius" after the volvano. it usually gets a few "ooh"s just before the "ugh"s or "yuck"s. i love it when tampons, condoms, and paper towels/wipes come up. it's usually my first "uh huh, i thought so" for the client/HO/manager/agent. also massive grease balls are good for a "gotcha". i guess i'm going to have to hire a shooter to come along on my jobs to document. heck my rates just jumped 60% to cover the shooter and my new found EGO maybe i'll hire a publisist and a press agent. god i feel like a star. "Mr. DeMille I'm ready for my closeup".

steve
          In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Originally posted by HouseOfAtlas View Post
            Do you camera the line first before putting the 4x6 cutters down?
            no i don't. this is a 4'' c/o with a 6'' main. the stoppage was not a difficult one. plus it appears to be a fairly straight run.

the line will get camered next week as there was tremendous damage to the first floor units.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
              I'm sort of curious what Rick pays his cameraman and if the guy is a member of SOC?

Mark
              actually the cameraman missed the money shot.

i took #1,3,4.

he took #2 with me partially in it.

what do you expect from the guy walking his dog down the street

he was also an owner on the first floor

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Rick, cool pics.
                I just noticed we have the same shoes. Merrells right? Mine are black, but they are the exact same style. I like them because they are comfy, and I can slip then off easily in a customer's home if I don't feel like messing with shoe-covers.
                Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

we agree on something

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

Rick,good pictures,good post.
                    Kenneth Collier
                    Maintenance and Sewer

P.O. Box 9441
                    Jackson, MS 39206
                    (601) 613-2678 (Cell)
                    drainman881999@yahoo.com

Comment

Be glad you didn't do that around here the E.P.A. would have been on you like ugly on an ape. One boy let out about 5 gallons like that and wound up with a misdemeanor charge and a $ 3000.00 fine when an inspector drove past and seen it. He asked what was he suppose to do? the answer was he was suppose to have a licence pumper there to take it to the sewage treatment plant. There was no place to stick a hose in to pump it out, he asked the inspector how was he suppose to pump it out? the inspector said that isn't my problem I just enforce the law. they tried to slap a felony charge but since he had no previous against him he plea bargained it to a class A misdemeanor a $ 3000.00 fine paid to the E.P.A. supper fund and 90 days on work release and one year probation. A couple of us drillers went in to court for defense witness but they never asked us a thing they just slapped it too him.we were all in a daze I drove over where it happened they wouldn't let him clean it up. You couldn't hardly see nothing I was there and I still cant believe it that's a case of a government agency abusing there power.They did make him cover it with quick lime

Comment

Originally posted by gtmerkley View Post
                        Be glad you didn't do that around here the E.P.A. would have been on you like ugly on an ape. One boy let out about 5 gallons like that and wound up with a misdemeanor charge and a $ 3000.00 fine when an inspector drove past and seen it. He asked what was he suppose to do? the answer was he was suppose to have a licence pumper there to take it to the sewage treatment plant. There was no place to stick a hose in to pump it out, he asked the inspector how was he suppose to pump it out? the inspector said that isn't my problem I just enforce the law. they tried to slap a felony charge but since he had no previous against him he plea bargained it to a class A misdemeanor a $ 3000.00 fine paid to the E.P.A. supper fund and 90 days on work release and one year probation. A couple of us drillers went in to court for defense witness but they never asked us a thing they just slapped it too him.we were all in a daze I drove over where it happened they wouldn't let him clean it up. You couldn't hardly see nothing I was there and I still cant believe it that's a case of a government agency abusing there power.They did make him cover it with quick lime
                        How would you have went about doing that job?The clean water act is something to think about.
                        Kenneth Collier
                        Maintenance and Sewer

P.O. Box 9441
                        Jackson, MS 39206
                        (601) 613-2678 (Cell)
                        drainman881999@yahoo.com

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                          no i don't. this is a 4'' c/o with a 6'' main. the stoppage was not a difficult one. plus it appears to be a fairly straight run.

the line will get camered next week as there was tremendous damage to the first floor units.

rick.
                          I was just curious. If it was a pretty straight run and it was a 6" main, then it would probably be pretty safe. They don't make 4x6 cutters for 7/8" cable, only 1.25" cable (sectional), correct?
                          YourHomeContractor.com - The Trusted Online Community For Homeowners and Contractors.

Plumbing Reviews

Comment

Originally posted by drainman881999 View Post
                            How would you have went about doing that job?The clean water act is something to think about.
                            I asked one of the E.P.A. inspectors that same question. So I wouldn't get in to trouble, he told me he didn't know. It has made me nerves Pulling a up stairs toilet might get it open enough to take the water but you would still need to go through the clean out to get a big cutter through the expandable cutters will catch on any Y or line that is tied in to it. I must admit I would have done it the same way and it would have been me instead of him. I keep my eyes open when I open any now You have no way of knowing how much will come out most times there is none or very little as a outside clean out is most times higher then the water but when you open that cap a little to see if water is coming out a lot of times it will quiet running when waste gets in the crack, but when it opens so far that cap is coming off. I think we all had a shower at one time or another. There great at making regulations but bad at knowing how you can comply with them.

Comment

The goverment way would be to make out an enviromental impact study with a plan of action and submit for approval first. Its not their problem if the customer is walking ankle deep in crap.

I worked in a very large gov't. facility for years and they would not even let us flush a fire hydrand onto the ground. Why you ask?? because it contained chlorine (yes this is potable drinking warer) and they were afraid it would get into the creek and kill the minnows and such, go figure. Had to catch all water in a tanker truck and take it to the sewer plant for processing.

G3

Comment

Working...
                              X