Cables ,differences,how they work????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cables ,differences,how they work????

I hear about the different cable used on the K-60 , and other machines. Can someone
    describe the action at work ,and their differences ?Thanks Tool
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: Cables ,differences,how they work????

I'll speak for inner-core:

Tight wound cable with a flexible cable inside. When the attachment approaches an obstruction, for example hard obstruction, the attachment stops and the cable now begins the turning and tightening down on this center cable.

When the cable reaches the stopping point where it cannot tighten anymore, the torque from the machine now turns that cable into a stiff **** in the love canal and gives brute force to break/clear/remove obstruction.

They are a heavier cable, they are stronger by far, they cost considerably more but create the best application for allowing your machine to deliver the force needed to bust a clog open.

In my area, I rarely have to work the machine hard enough to bind down in most cases, my clutch on the motor of my 300 has never engaged. Pretty cool in my opinion.

Me Rikey!!
    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Does any one know if the 7/8"x15ft GENERAL innercore cables fit together with the RIDGID 7/8" calble used in the k-60?

Comment

Originally posted by jhplumbing View Post
        Does any one know if the 7/8"x15ft GENERAL innercore cables fit together with the RIDGID 7/8" calble used in the k-60?
        They both use the same type fittings so yes they will connect to each other

Comment

Inner core is much safer cable than no core to the operator. NC is an easy repairable, collects more energy if u get stuck and trying to go back and forward, but it kinks and snaps easier =) If u get to run 300-450 once in a while, suggest to get lighter NC cables w/ bigger dia.

Comment

Working...
          X