X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Drum Design???

Is this a new drum design? What's your opinion of this design?

Thanks.

J.C.

http://www.generalpipecleaners.com/p...rmatic100.html

Re: New Drum Design???

I don't care for it, too many parts and the drum capacity is only 50'. I see it taking up more room with all the extra drums and you spending time switching them out more than drain cleaning.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

It looks like coupling a new drum on is a breeze as long as you have a nice level and even surface on the job.

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I used the same machine before I got the 7500 Ridgid it had plenty of power like the 7500 but it kept shaking all the screws lose. I put some bigger wheels on to make it roll better. I bought it off E-bay for $ 50.00 with cable used it for two years till I got the money and guts to buy a Ridgid I just used the general as a trainer to learn how a drum would work for me I still keep it as a back up a long with an old Marco with open cage. But I like the stair climber my Marco don't have them I traded sewer cleaning jobs for the Marco the guy who bought it at a sale and took it home and found out he didn't know how to work it.

Comment

Every main I run into is over 50' in this neck of the woods.A drum for 100' and a quick way to put on 50 more feet would be useful here.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay Mpls View Post
            Every main I run into is over 50' in this neck of the woods.A drum for 100' and a quick way to put on 50 more feet would be useful here.
            What about The company in your home town? I can switch my Mytana drums out easy enough, I run 125' of cable in a drum with no binding at all. That usually gets me far enough but I do keep an extra 90' in a drum just encase.

Comment

I love the Mytana style for that!Those cages can be swapped in no time!
              I think I have had as much as 150' in one (Long time ago,there was a good reason though!) My regular machine is a 7500.I purchase all my cables from them.I have been going to them since they were located 1/4 mile east of their fancy new building.
              (Which they have been in for some time!)

Comment

Working...
              X