Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

RIDGID: So easy, a cave-plumber can do it.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIDGID: So easy, a cave-plumber can do it.

Here is some video of this afternoon's sewer-job. It demonstrates why I choose to use Ridgid's K-7500 as my main-line machine. And Ridgid's seesnake and navitrack locator for video-inpections.

The K-7500 has an foot-pedal, super-cool stair-climber that flips up for loading into the truck and the best accessory of all: the auto-feed! This video is me pulling the cable back from a 75' sewer lateral that I cleaned in one quick pass. This machine makes the job easy and fast! Notice how I am basically just standing there observing while the machine does all the work. Normally it is safer to keep at least one hand on the cable at all times, but I am reversing the cable into the machine from a very close cleanout access so there is really no danger.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_jtYuUmcjE

Then I set up the Seesnakeā„¢ and quickly video-inspected the line...4" orangeberg with some minor root-intrusion, approx. 50' from cast-iron to street sewer, approx. 4' deep. This next video shows me locating the sonde in the camera head with the Scoutā„¢ locator. I didn't knOW where it was while I was taking this vidEO on my cellphone, I was just finding out where it was LIVE in this. Notice how it takes me only a few seconds to find EXACTLY where the camera-head is and EXACTLY how deep it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cD_hVOd-5Qg

I was in-and-out of this job in under 45 minutes. Cable-cleaned, video-inspected and line-located! As a flat-rate plumber, I make more money when the job goes quicker. Therefore I chose tools that make it faster and make me money!

The funny part of this story is that I was going in behind the local Roto-rooter company! They cleaned the line the day after Thanksgiving, and then cleaned it again a couple days later...and it was still backing up today (less than a week later)!!! The homeowner said that the cutting-head I used was TWICE as big as the one the Roto-rooter guy used! The funny part was I was only using a 2.5" pear-cutter since it was slightly deformed orangeberg! The video-inspection quickly confirmed that the roots were now gone.
    Well at least now I know for sure that I am a much better drain-cleaner the local Roto-rooter outfit and these homeowners will not forget that!

RIDGID TOOLS: SO EASY A CAVE-PLUMBER CAN DO IT!
    Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Re: RIDGID: So easy, a cave-plumber can do it.

Sounds like if all you can get through a 4" line is a 2 1/2" head it needs replaceing or at the least an out side clean out that you can get a 4" head through

Comment

I know the feeling of taking work away from the local Roto-Rooter Co.
      Feels good too

It seems they must be trained to only use a 1 1/2 cutter if any cutter at all
      Must be why they are $5.00 cheaper then we are
      http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Originally posted by gtmerkley View Post
        Sounds like if all you can get through a 4" line is a 2 1/2" head it needs replaceing or at the least an out side clean out that you can get a 4" head through
        I gave them an estimate for replacement, but honestly the line will probably last for years with annual cleanings. I gave them both options. He said they will replace if it keeps stopping up.
        Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Root X.

Comment

Its a great machine, used it few times! Sometimes people complain about the prices on drain cleaning service.. I do recommend it then to get one from local rental guys. It is brushed motor I believe so it does not have any inertia on the drum once the pedal is released, so no kinks or pilled hails/broken bones for homeowner. IT JUST STOPS! (IC even better). Otherwise it is noisy and cant even hear what is going on w/ the blade down the drain when the line is clear and water is running in. So bellies wont be noticed unless run a camera. Also fast food managers wont like noise when is busy.. Great machine for basements! Has rolling belts on its back, but it is too short on the long run even if there are 3 drums in the truck.

Comment

terrible video job-----

video camera use---so easy , yet this caveman cant do it

Comment

Working...
              X