Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Drain/Sewer Cleaning Class 101

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
    maybe a trophie will stay in elyria next time,

but 4 trophies are sitting nice and warm in los angeles.

i do share the wealth with team geritol

unfortunatly, you're part of team juvenile

rick.
    Some things never change
    The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

I'm in calif. I want to start my own business as a drain cleaner and i need to know if i need contractor lic.
      Can anybody help me?

Comment

as long as you keep it below $500. per customer, per year, you don't.

stay away from plumbing repairs and make sure you get liability insurance.

you never know when $hit happens

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

I have a Sewer Contractor License but my state doesn't require one.
          http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
            I have a Sewer Contractor License but my state doesn't require one.
            If I'm not mistaken your State does not require a Contractor's license for plumbing either.

Mark
            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Okay now that your class is over we are all awaiting a report of how it went and what was covered? Who ended up attending and will you be posting photos/videos of the group in action? What format did you use and were you able to actually do it in the field or did you stage the jobs ahead of times? As there are at least two classes planned after yours it might be interesting to hear the good and the bad of your class.

I am not planning a class, but I am planning on laying a bunch of pipe in my yard when I replace the driveway so I can test different cleaning and locating/inspection equipment.

Mark
              Last edited by ToUtahNow; 12-24-2008, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post

I am not planning a class, but I am planning on laying a bunch of pipe in my yard when I replace the driveway so I can test different cleaning and locating/inspection equipment.

Mark
                I've been thinking of doing that to. A kind of drain cleaners play ground.
                Good way to test heads,techniques, ideas etc.. in a controlled environment, which is hard to do in the field since each job is different.
                INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
                  I've been thinking of doing that to. A kind of drain cleaners play ground.
                  Good way to test heads,techniques, ideas etc.. in a controlled environment, which is hard to do in the field since each job is different.
                  My original plan was just to install some copper, plastic and galvanize pipe under the driveway for locating. Then I thought if I installed a couple of dry wells I could pressurized the pipes and do leak locating as well. However, once I saw the drain lines Ridgid set up under the lawn at the factory I decided to add drain lines to it as well. Now the question is how to simulate a stoppage? I'm thinking I may install some Clean Checks then tie the line into my yard drains for draining. It should be a lot of fun if it works out right.

Mark

Comment

It went well and it was "Real World" calls as they came in. You name it we did it We didn`t have any 2 of the same calls in the 2 days we schooled.
                    I`m sure you`ll hear something from Greg soon The other guy worked for my plumber and some times works for me. He wanted to learn so he joined in as well. I may set him up in Wichita with another K-7500 and a truck here real soon.
                    We even did a free job for a woman that use to be homeless that now has a house and is supporting her daughter and 4 grandkids. her brother did all the plumbing and you all know how that went...lol... Anyway we cut the sewer out and reset it to grade and cleared the allenwrench that was causing the blockage
                    Tis the season to be giving
                    Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 12-24-2008, 02:49 PM.

Comment

When will there be another class and when and where is the next roundup?
                      Ray

Comment

When we have 2 or more people that want to take it.

Comment

I wouldnt mind seeing that sort of class in australia.
                          Regards
                          Greg

Comment

Working...
                          X