X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions regarding "Rigid Roundup"

Since a recent thread (Drain Cleaning/Sewer Class) was hijacked and did not provide many details, I am opening this thread to attempt to obtain more information about the Rigid Roundup.

What is the Rigid Round-up? When is it held? How long does it last? What takes place? Is it only sales oriented or are there also classes similar to what takes place at conventions. Who sponsors it (Rigid??)? Is there a cost to the attendees.? Where is it held? Are these enough questions?? Is there a Rigid rep on this forum?

Re: Questions regarding "Rigid Roundup"

I have never been there before myself but from the videos I have seen I think they they play laser tag all day.

Comment

To the best of my knowledge Ridgid has not yet announced (officially) there will be a Roundup again this year. The Roundup was something which was born on this site last year. A bunch of us were plotting on a non-sanctioned get together at the factory and Ridgid took it from there. The Roundup was held at the Corporate office of Ridgid and included product demonstrations, factory tour, discussion groups and a friendly competition of sorts. Ridgid pretty much paid for everything except for travel and housing including nightly activities. The Roundup was a 3-day event but some of us made it a five day event. I believe all of those who attended had a great time.

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by stecar View Post
        I have never been there before myself but from the videos I have seen I think they they play laser tag all day.

No, no, no, we stopped to eat every few hours

Comment

Last year being the first Ridgid Round Up, I chose to go ($$limited funds$$) to the pumper show. Oh how I wish I had saved for the Round up instead.
          If I'm not mistaken (and I may very well be) the event arose from a challenge and then it just kind of grew and took on a life of it's own, forever known to man as "THE RIDGID ROUND UP"(insert space scene and echos here)
          I'm pretty sure sure the Round Up has something to do with the existence of mankind (AKA: man and his tools). I have yet to prove this theory, but rest assured I am diligently working on the case.
          Seriously though, I think it has a lot more to do with Ridgid being a stand up company and showing it's customers that they appreciate their loyalty.
          INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
          Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by APHCO View Post
            Since a recent thread (Drain Cleaning/Sewer Class) was hijacked and did not provide many details, I am opening this thread to attempt to obtain more information about the Rigid Roundup.

What is the Rigid Round-up? When is it held? How long does it last? What takes place? Is it only sales oriented or are there also classes similar to what takes place at conventions. Who sponsors it (Rigid??)? Is there a cost to the attendees.? Where is it held? Are these enough questions?? Is there a Rigid rep on this forum?

HI,

I am new to the round up thing as well, and the other day I started this thread

I know its REALLY early BUT Roundup Questions.

and got a bunch of super good responses, It might help answer some of your questions

It will also show you that you need to be a good arm wrestler

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
            Last year being the first Ridgid Round Up, I chose to go ($$limited funds$$) to the pumper show. Oh how I wish I had saved for the Round up instead.
            Not jacking the thread but whats a pumper show?
            Help With Your Pool Or Spa Pump?►WeT HeaD Pump Repair ► Watch Me On YouTube: Pool & Spa Pump Repair TV
            New: Pump Repair MagazineNew: Pool & Spa Pump Repair Forums

Comment

http://www.pumpershow.com/

Tons of toys and a free dinner on Ridgid (thanks again Ridgid).
              It was not a wasted trip for us by any means but in the end I'd have rather ed attend the Roundup. Business wise the Pumper show was better as we want to expand to more of a municipal market and the pumper show has more of a focus in that area, but also a ton of drain cleaning goodies.
              INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
              Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
                http://www.pumpershow.com/

Tons of toys and a free dinner on Ridgid (thanks again Ridgid).
                It was not a wasted trip for us by any means but in the end I'd have rather ed attend the Roundup. Business wise the Pumper show was better as we want to expand to more of a municipal market and the pumper show has more of a focus in that area, but also a ton of drain cleaning goodies.
                Oh that looks awesome, I am not a pumper dude, BUT I love big machines like all men,

You own a pumper by any chance?
                Help With Your Pool Or Spa Pump?►WeT HeaD Pump Repair ► Watch Me On YouTube: Pool & Spa Pump Repair TV

Comment

I believe I also saw Rick snake a line while others watched at someone's mom's house.

Comment

Originally posted by PlumbingSkool View Post

It will also show you that you need to be a good arm wrestler
                    NO MORE ARM WRESTLING!
                    I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
                      NO MORE ARM WRESTLING!

OK -

Comment

Originally posted by stecar View Post
                        I believe I also saw Rick snake a line while others watched at someone's mom's house.
                        When does he ride the motorcycle and jump the big water tank with the shark in it while Richie, Potsie, and Ralph watch from afar??
                        I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

Originally posted by tinmack View Post
                          When does he ride the motorcycle and jump the big water tank with the shark in it while Richie, Potsie, and Ralph watch from afar??
                          i'll ask richie, when i see him tomorrow

rick.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
                            NO MORE ARM WRESTLING!
                            Protecting your breadwinner is an honorable thing.

Mark
                            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                              i'll ask richie, when i see him tomorrow

rick.
                              And please........try the fish....
                              I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

Working...
                              X