X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Foot Switch Bulbs in the Cold

Electric foot switch on a 3/4" thick piece of plywood. Done.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
      How do you inflate an air bulb?
      Just a thought. Have a Seaman recruit blow on the inercore
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
        I never in all my years with my Spartan had problems with the air switch.

They have a thick aluminum pleated bottom to the switch and the connections are tight.

I've used leaking ones in the past and they are more than irritating.
        COMMON Whats cold in tucky 60 ?
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

The safe way and easy way would be to make the air switch out of a hose that doesn't harden up in the cold.

I myself would never use an Electric Foot Switch on a machine that see`s water/sewage
          http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

I can see your point AllClear, but isn't that what a GFI is for?

Comment

I had the same problem last year I got a new bulb but it went flat had to take the hose off and let air in tried keeping a warm bucket of water close by and would dunk it once in awhile. This year it started the same thing it went flat.Then I noticed with my feet cold I could not feel how much presser I was putting on the bulb. So instead of putting my foot down on the middle of the bulb I just put it on the side of bulb enough to turn on. No more problems it doesn't flatten because your putting the presser in a smaller spot of the bulb a there is a lot of bulb to spring it back out. All you have to do is turn the switch on with it not support your frozen foot with it. I just use the side of my foot. Works for me.

Comment

Originally posted by gtmerkley View Post
                I had the same problem last year I got a new bulb but it went flat had to take the hose off and let air in tried keeping a warm bucket of water close by and would dunk it once in awhile. This year it started the same thing it went flat.Then I noticed with my feet cold I could not feel how much presser I was putting on the bulb. So instead of putting my foot down on the middle of the bulb I just put it on the side of bulb enough to turn on. No more problems it doesn't flatten because your putting the presser in a smaller spot of the bulb a there is a lot of bulb to spring it back out. All you have to do is turn the switch on with it not support your frozen foot with it. I just use the side of my foot. Works for me.
                Thanks, good solution. I will try that too.
                Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                  COMMON Whats cold in tucky 60 ?

40 is cold, to me.

We get as cold as 30 below zero but it's been a long time since that happened. It got in the teens a few weeks back, sucked.

Spartan doesn't have problems with their hoses, for the record. Jrsaltz will vouch for that.

I second the notion for anything "not" electric in regards to a switch. I've been on drain calls where I'm standing in over a foot of water with the drum machine spinning the wastewater all over the place. In the big picture it doesn't matter at that point when your basement is a bathtub.
                  Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

What are drainers using in Manitoba Canada ?

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
                      40 is cold, to me.

We get as cold as 30 below zero but it's been a long time since that happened. It got in the teens a few weeks back, sucked.

Spartan doesn't have problems with their hoses, for the record. Jrsaltz will vouch for that.

I second the notion for anything "not" electric in regards to a switch. I've been on drain calls where I'm standing in over a foot of water with the drum machine spinning the wastewater all over the place. In the big picture it doesn't matter at that point when your basement is a bathtub.
                      Funny, as soon as I type this I see snow in N. ORLEANS on the news. Poor Al Gore.

Comment

TROJAN SEWER EQUIPMENT MAKES GOOD FOOT
                        SWITCH BULBS, THAT DON'T HAVE THIS PROBLEM,
                        UNIVERSAL FITTING FOR ALL TYPES OF MACHINES
                        800-392-4902 OR 713-692-4902
                        ASK FOR JACK OR KEITH
                        http://www.trojantoolmfg.com/
                        Last edited by JERRYMAC; 12-12-2008, 06:29 PM.
                        JERRYMAC
                        E-MAILJERRYMAC777@GMAIL.COM
                        CALIF. LIC. PLBG,HEAT,DRAINS,ELECTRIC,WATER HEATER, BOILER, POOL AND SPA HEATER
                        FIRE SPRINKLER CONTRACTOR,
                        SINCE JAN. 1989

Comment

Working...
                        X