X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another 'Diagnose this' game

Restaraunt bathroom, 2 stalls, a couple urinals, a bank of sinks.

One toilet plugged up, 2nd working fine, all else ok.

Kohler cimarrons.

Auger toilet, hang up slightly at horn, then get through, teloscoping section of auger pushes in easily, nothing comes back on auger.

Flush... now taking water, but does not siphon bowl. Allow to fill, flush again and hoild handle down to completely empty tank (flpper closes at about 1/2 tank) get a lazy lackluster siphon at end of flush.

same behavior continues unchanged after augering 2nd time, does not care if there is paper in the bowl or not.

solution in ~4 hours if no one gets it first... Have Fun!

PS. River birches are in no way involved
    This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Re: Another 'Diagnose this' game

Cup?

J.C.

Comment

Something stuck in drain line or toilet trap. toilet paper in tank then broke up and plugging holes around rim, trap primer tube not in overflow(thats a stretch) plugged vent -never-but a nondrain cleaning plumber always thinks so I forgot maybe my 4" cutter

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
        Cup?

J.C.
        ?

Originally posted by saysflushable View Post
        Something stuck in drain line or toilet trap. toilet paper in tank then broke up and plugging holes around rim, trap primer tube not in overflow(thats a stretch) plugged vent -never-but a nondrain cleaning plumber always thinks so I forgot maybe my 4" cutter
        warmish on one guess
        This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

So sad no one else wants to play; this was a good one, with a fun ending.

Hint: I did not pull the toilet.

Comment

No water coming out of valve to trap primer?

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
              No water coming out of valve to trap primer?

J.C.
              no; filling bowl nicely

Comment

Another hint; the fact that it is a cimarron is significant.

Comment

It sounds like something got stuck in the waterway between the tank and the bowl. The water couldn't enter the bowl fast enough for a good flush.

If people used those blue tablets on Sterling brand toilets, they would get small enough over time to get sucked past the flapper. Then they would stick in the large holes around the rim of the toilet and not let the water in fast enough to flush the toilet.

I've also worked on a lot of toilets that had a sluggish flush because the hole at the bottom of the bowl was clogged from urine deposits, so the siphon action could not start right.

Comment

How old is the toilet?
                    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Casting flash or some kind of manufacturing imperfection? Internal crack?
                      Last edited by Twicepipes; 12-11-2008, 01:01 AM.

Comment

Was Dunbar in town last week?

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by Nevada plumber View Post
                          It sounds like something got stuck in the waterway between the tank and the bowl. The water couldn't enter the bowl fast enough for a good flush.

If people used those blue tablets on Sterling brand toilets, they would get small enough over time to get sucked past the flapper. Then they would stick in the large holes around the rim of the toilet and not let the water in fast enough to flush the toilet.

I've also worked on a lot of toilets that had a sluggish flush because the hole at the bottom of the bowl was clogged from urine deposits, so the siphon action could not start right.

Well done! The solution was snake thru the flapper and remove the.....wait for it.....

Fruit of the loom undies!

My clue was the slo flushing, and something compelled me to stick my finger in it while flushing, and little to no flo out the big hole at the bottom of the trap.

I said it was significant that it was a cimmaron as they and they alone to my knowledge have the HUGE flapper tha will pass a pair of tighty-whities.

How someone decides their undies belong in the toilet tank escapes me.

Comment

That's the kick in the nuts about these things; so many times it's a simple thing. I(and I know I'm not alone) probably would have pulled the unit and been staring into an empty closet bend. WTF? Obviously, either you had someone who played a prank/vandalized the toilet OR.... someone may have had an "accident" went into a stall, and couldn't bear the walk of shame to the trashcan with the evidence. What to do? Yeah, throw 'em in the tank! A stroke of pure genius. Nice catch on the diagnosis!

Comment

Every once and a while I go to jobs where the main jet at the bottom of the bowl gets blocked by washers, broken tank lever nuts, small pieces of left over bleach tablets, etc., which prohibits the siphon causing slow flush.

Underwear under the flapper is a new one that i'll be looking out for. Somebody must of crapped themselves and tried to hide the evidence.

Mexican buffet?

Lenny

Pronounced A-Bear Drain Care

I know, it doesn't make sense.

http://www.hebertdraincare.com

Comment

Working...
                              X